5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Readylift opinions

CALIRAM

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out lift options for my truck. I do not want to go higher than 4 so the Readylift 3.5 seemed ideal until seeing several complaints of a “stiff ride”. Can anyone please share their opinions if they have installed one of these kits?
Thanks!!

Jwad

Reaction score
I just had mine lifted with the Ready lift 3.5 and I will have to say it rides like a brick now. I did a lot of research on it before I did it and most people said the ride was close to stock. I think what is happening is with the lift installed the upward motion of the shock is already maxed out so when you hit a bump it can't travel upward anymore. I would wait till someone comes out with a longer shock. Hope this helps.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out lift options for my truck. I do not want to go higher than 4 so the Readylift 3.5 seemed ideal until seeing several complaints of a “stiff ride”. Can anyone please share their opinions if they have installed one of these kits?
Thanks!!
I think that it rides ok....I lowered my tire pressure as well from the Toyo recommendation of 46 to 38.... Also if you call up on the phone they will give you 20% off...

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. We still need to meet up so that I can check out your lift please. :)

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You really want something with a diff drop for anything over ~2”. That’s not specific to these trucks, just IFS trucks in general.

While it may “work”, it’s not the correct way. I’d vote on buying an actual 4” lift when they come out, or simply staying at 2.5 or less on the leveling kits. And just to be clear, the 3.5” readylift is a leveling kit.

CALIRAM

Reaction score
I just had mine lifted with the Ready lift 3.5 and I will have to say it rides like a brick now. I did a lot of research on it before I did it and most people said the ride was close to stock. I think what is happening is with the lift installed the upward motion of the shock is already maxed out so when you hit a bump it can't travel upward anymore. I would wait till someone comes out with a longer shock. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot I appreciate the honest opinion. Readylift claims that the ride is better than stock but I had seen several comments about a stiff ride. That makes sense that shock may be maxed out

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up not using the preload spacer so mine basically ended up being a 2” lift. Without the preload spacer, the ride did not change. The stiffer tires do change it some though.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ended up not using the preload spacer so mine basically ended up being a 2” lift. Without the preload spacer, the ride did not change. The stiffer tires do change it some though.
I dropped down to 38 PSI and I think it rides pretty good.

Jwad

Reaction score
When the tire shop put the tires on they put 60 PSI in them. I dropped mine to 40 PSI and it helped a lot. You are right that 2" spaces above the spring takes away a lot of travel. They should have made that a 1" spacer and made the top one a 2.5". I also talked to Fox shocks and they said that they should have lifted front struts out soon. Bilstein also said they should have theirs out in a month or so.

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When the tire shop put the tires on they put 60 PSI in them. I dropped mine to 40 PSI and it helped a lot. You are right that 2" spaces above the spring takes away a lot of travel. They should have made that a 1" spacer and made the top one a 2.5". I also talked to Fox shocks and they said that they should have lifted front struts out soon. Bilstein also said they should have theirs out in a month or so.
How the heck did you get through to fox shocks that’s almost like talking to the president! They have the worst customer service ever

CALIRAM

Reaction score
I reached out to Icon. Had their system on 2010 and it was pretty damn good. Said that installers had used the last generation system on the 5th gen and it worked but that they have not started R&D on a 2019 yet

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought my readylift 3.5 sst kit in early March and still Haven't had it installed yet because of how weary I am on how the ride will be affected from stock. Do I really want to sacrifice ride quality for the look of the lift? Um, ehh, ugh... No not really though. So far i have I swapped the stock tires/wheels and put
305/55R20 116Q Nitto ridge grapplers on and there is a noticeably rougher ride difference already. I found a mechanic who specializes in lifts and quoted me $800.00 to install the lift ( without re-alignment) $600.00 to remove it and bring the truck back to stock. So basically I am taking a chance that's costing me over $1,000.00 just in labor if I am unhappy with the ride to bring it back to stock... Would much rather play it safe and just go with the readylift 2" level kit with control arms.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought my readylift 3.5 sst kit in early March and still Haven't had it installed yet because of how weary I am on how the ride will be affected from stock. Do I really want to sacrifice ride quality for the look of the lift? Um, ehh, ugh... No not really though. So far i have I swapped the stock tires/wheels and put
305/55R20 116Q Nitto ridge grapplers on and there is a noticeably rougher ride difference already. I found a mechanic who specializes in lifts and quoted me $800.00 to install the lift ( without re-alignment) $600.00 to remove it and bring the truck back to stock. So basically I am taking a chance that's costing me over $1,000.00 just in labor if I am unhappy with the ride to bring it back to stock... Would much rather play it safe and just go with the readylift 2" level kit with control arms.
That being said I have a brand new RL 3.5" sst kit in box possibly up for sale. $600.00 cash

inlo

Reaction score
I installed the 3.5" when my truck had 800 miles. With the CC hemi and 6'4" bed it lifted the front just over 3". I am still running the stock tires and the ride is just a little firmer than stock. I only notice a difference when riding over washboard trails. I think the oversized "E" rated tires make more of a difference than people imagine, therefore when the stock tires wear out I will probably go with 275/60R20 (33") and enjoy the lower price and softer ride. IMAG0027.jpg
Stock...
IMAG0052.jpg
Lifted total 3"...

Jwad

Reaction score
How the heck did you get through to fox shocks that’s almost like talking to the president! They have the worst customer service ever
I have a cousin that works for Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread