5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Readylift 2" leveling kit with or without Upper Control Arms?

robbiele

Reaction score
Anybody have any pictures with just spacers and pictures with new UCA?

The readylift site states as follows with regards to the spacers without new UCA: "Our engineers determined the stresses around the ball joint would be too great for a traditional strut extension leveling kit. We have chosen to tap into our popular strut spring pre-load spacer design which generates lift without putting undo stress on critical areas like the ball joint." So, are the new UCA's needed or not?

(I am aware of discussions about new UCA or not, but I would like to hear some more and new discussion about it)

M

Mdegen93

I’ve been running the readlift without the uca’s All winter so far. No problems here

Luxy72462

Reaction score
It’s a debate. I installed the UCAs because the ball joint angle without them is ugly. Sooner or later it’ll eat the stock upper ball joints with just the strut spacers. At that point if it eats them before your warranty is up that’ll be a fight you won’t win trying to get them replaced under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Mdegen93

It’s a debate. I installed the UCAs because the ball joint angle without them is ugly. Sooner or later it’ll eat the stock upper ball joints with just the strut spacers. At that point if it eats them before your warranty is up that’ll be a fight you won’t win trying to get them replaced under warranty.

If mine go I’ll just end up getting the mopar ones. I was waiting for a real 4” lift kit to come out that fixes all the angles

robbiele

Reaction score

I would love to see a picture of those ugly UCA angles, but haven't seen any

robbiele

Reaction score
Anybody know how much would be a fair price for the 2" UCA kit with install?

XDBrad

Reaction score
Need UCAs? I say it depends if you have a Rebel or ORP... Two pictures of mine with the spacer and before UCAs. I have the ORP and the angles were too much for me without the UCAs. If you keep it on the pavement (mall crawler) then even with the ORP you will probably be fine, just my opinion. B7E0A727-78E7-4383-8D7A-513464580346.jpeg D1738EF2-4F27-4538-AFB4-94EF7714302E.jpeg D1738EF2-4F27-4538-AFB4-94EF7714302E.jpeg

M

Mdegen93

Need UCAs? I say it depends if you have a Rebel or ORP... Two pictures of mine with the spacer and before UCAs. I have the ORP and the angles were too much for me without the UCAs. If you keep it on the pavement (mall crawler) then even with the ORP you will probably be fine, just my opinion. View attachment 18004 View attachment 18005 View attachment 18005
Is that 2” or 3.5? And I guess they use the same uca regardless of the orp and rebel

XDBrad

Reaction score
2” Readylift. This picture is with the UCA. These pictures are at full droop, not under weight.

Attachments

• B733640A-4C70-4E79-BD77-455ADB557FE4.jpeg
    B733640A-4C70-4E79-BD77-455ADB557FE4.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 119

Luxy72462

Reaction score
See not bad at all at 2” and stock uca

I’m guessing you don’t have a Rebel or the .ORG package. When I put the 2.5 motofab spacers on mine that upper angle was nowhere near as level as yours.

M

Mdegen93

I’m guessing you don’t have a Rebel or the .ORG package. When I put the 2.5 motofab spacers on mine that upper angle was nowhere near as level as yours.

No Laramie without the org and it’s a 2” readylift pre load spacer

RodRow

Reaction score
I went with the 2” ReadyLift and UCAs on both of my 19 Rams and think they sit and ride perfectly. Around $900 for kit and install is what I paid. Included alignment and warranty.
2B61335F-2BA0-4AF4-97FD-979E67CEEAC9.jpeg A513E634-EADF-412E-B41A-3EAE0DB580AE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread