5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready to get my build started.

RJ-Golem

Reaction score
Good day all, new Rebel owner here. (2021, air ride, Level 2, bone stock for now) As the title says I'm ready to get started building my overland/daily driver rig. I'm coming over from the Jeep world so this not new to me. Previously I had the Gladiator. I have no plans to lift or even go to 35`s. From my previous experiences, all that does is invite me to get into trouble 1000 miles from home.

So far the Rebel has been great, except the mpg sucks just like the Gladiator.

My first order of operation is getting my Xtrusion-overland.com rack modified to fit on the Rebel. The parts are on there way! So here I am looking for the other add ons. I'm leaning towards the Vice designs hidden winch system. I removed my Smittybilt X20 from the Jeep so it needs a home. A full bumper replacement seems silly to me. Following that I need some light mounts. I did buy the Trigger Six Shooter to control everything. After that I'm looking to do the TRX rear tow hook mod. Down the road I would like to wire in my secondary deep cycle battery and mount my VIAIR compressor. I'm picturing when this is all done!, I'll be basically at the same set up as my Gladiator.

Looking forward to gaining Ram knowledge from you all on here. Jeep has been my life for the last 20 years. If you have posts that you are Following, vendors you like, products you recommend, please do them in the comments.

Picture of my new Rebel and his predecessor.

RJ

Attachments

• IMG_20221030_144231_01.jpg
    IMG_20221030_144231_01.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20221120_140336.jpg
    20221120_140336.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 20221001_145114.jpg
    20221001_145114.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 59

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Good day all, new Rebel owner here. (2021, air ride, Level 2, bone stock for now) As the title says I'm ready to get started building my overland/daily driver rig. I'm coming over from the Jeep world so this not new to me. Previously I had the Gladiator. I have no plans to lift or even go to 35`s. From my previous experiences, all that does is invite me to get into trouble 1000 miles from home.

So far the Rebel has been great, except the mpg sucks just like the Gladiator.

My first order of operation is getting my Xtrusion-overland.com rack modified to fit on the Rebel. The parts are on there way! So here I am looking for the other add ons. I'm leaning towards the Vice designs hidden winch system. I removed my Smittybilt X20 from the Jeep so it needs a home. A full bumper replacement seems silly to me. Following that I need some light mounts. I did buy the Trigger Six Shooter to control everything. After that I'm looking to do the TRX rear tow hook mod. Down the road I would like to wire in my secondary deep cycle battery and mount my VIAIR compressor. I'm picturing when this is all done!, I'll be basically at the same set up as my Gladiator.

Looking forward to gaining Ram knowledge from you all on here. Jeep has been my life for the last 20 years. If you have posts that you are Following, vendors you like, products you recommend, please do them in the comments.

Picture of my new Rebel and his predecessor.

RJ
Congrats and welcome to the family

RJ-Golem

Reaction score
Well, I'm making progress. I've got the Vice design hidden winch with my Smitty X20 installed. Working on the Xtrusion-Overland.com rack now. Racks installed, RTT installed, working on lighting. I still need to get the shower house and Solar Shower figured out.

I have to assume there are a few other overlanders in this group. Show me your setup!!!

Attachments

• 20230104_163507.jpg
    20230104_163507.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20221211_192513.jpg
    IMG_20221211_192513.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20221211_192545_01.jpg
    IMG_20221211_192545_01.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 42

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My setup:
-Fox 2.5 Extended Travel
-Carli UCA, rear end links, and HD coil
-Chassis Unlimited Bed Rack
-Red LED Strips inside Bed Rack for night time
-BD chase lights and A pillar lights
-Unknown brand motorized RTT (took off, sold)
-icom 2730A Mobile Ham Radio with Tram antenna
-SDHQ Ditch Light Mounts and Rago Fabrication Ham Antenna mount
-Custom made (aka, I made) ammo box power box in the bed, switched and fused
-Solar controller and solar bluetooth module built in the ammo box, solar panel on top of RTT (Solar panel sold w/ RTT)
-Switch-Pros controller
-ICS Dash Mount that holds icom display only for now. I am figuring out how to add a tablet to that within my direct line of sight without blocking off too much frontal view
-Custom made (I made) rear seat mount for brain of icom and cab power distribution block w/ ground. Will add fridge connection to that once my LiFEPO4 battery arrives
-NH Overland under hood Switch-Pro controller mount
-SDHQ Terminal kit
-Dark Dune Bumper Light Brackets
-Maxtrax (passenger side), Rotopax 5 gallon jug (driver side)
-Decked Drawer system

Not yet arrived/ installed
-Dash Cam
-BD LP6
-Inspired Overland RTT
-Rotopax 1 Gallon water jug
-Power Tank mount for 5 gallon propane
-White-Knuckle Sliders

Attachments

• IMG_2044.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 19