5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready Lift and Tire pressure?

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I am running a ready lift and put some Ko2s on the truck, after about 10k miles the outside of the 50k mile rated tires were at 50% worn, it has been aligned but still has big time uneven wear, everyone has been scratching their heads and an older gentleman mentioned running 60 psi instead of the 40 discount runs for ride comfort, anybody experience this?

R

Rob5589

60 unloaded?! Uh, no. I wheel with a guy that has the ko2 on a TJ. Same deal, worn down at 12k or so miles.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
60 unloaded?! Uh, no. I wheel with a guy that has the ko2 on a TJ. Same deal, worn down at 12k or so miles.

yeah i researched a little and 60 sounds crazy and it rides like crap, luckily I bought them at discount so I think if i complain enough i can get them replaced, do you know if your buddies is uneven wear? whats strange is my outsides are 50 % worn and insides were only like 75

R

Rob5589

Even wear, but only two of the four. And he supposedly rotated them. One was so bad it had to have been a defect.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can see my setup in my sig but I've found 46psi to be the perfect pressure for KO2's and a RL level on an off road package truck. I'm a stickler for finding the perfect "spot" and have been through the different pressure tests, chalk included.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
You can see my setup in my sig but I've found 46psi to be the perfect pressure for KO2's and a RL level on an off road package truck. I'm a stickler for finding the perfect "spot" and have been through the different pressure tests, chalk included.

wow, very precise, tks what kind of mpg are you getting?

1guyandtools

Reaction score
I am running a ready lift and put some Ko2s on the truck, after about 10k miles the outside of the 50k mile rated tires were at 50% worn, it has been aligned but still has big time uneven wear, everyone has been scratching their heads and an older gentleman mentioned running 60 psi instead of the 40 discount runs for ride comfort, anybody experience this?
Here's my guess, After it is lifted it has positive camber. Some of the alignment shops will get the most adjustment out of it as possible ( Not enough )and send you down the road. That is going to wear the outside no matter what you do. Ask for a printout of the alignment specs before and after they have adjusted it. Even if the numbers are in green they still may wear, you need it to be as close to zero as possible. Tire pressure is a huge issue on the k02. There is still a big debate on where they should be set at, Tire sticker on the b pillar or what the max tire pressure is stated on the tire. I run the middle of those 2. Rotating tires on most trucks should be about every 6000 miles or less. Lifted trucks seem to always have tire wear issues, Just listen to them when they pass you, Cupped tires are NOISEY.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Here's my guess, After it is lifted it has positive camber. Some of the alignment shops will get the most adjustment out of it as possible ( Not enough )and send you down the road. That is going to wear the outside no matter what you do. Ask for a printout of the alignment specs before and after they have adjusted it. Even if the numbers are in green they still may wear, you need it to be as close to zero as possible. Tire pressure is a huge issue on the k02. There is still a big debate on where they should be set at, Tire sticker on the b pillar or what the max tire pressure is stated on the tire. I run the middle of those 2. Rotating tires on most trucks should be about every 6000 miles or less. Lifted trucks seem to always have tire wear issues, Just listen to them when they pass you, Cupped tires are NOISEY.

i like the ride and the road noise isnt bad, but this doesnt seem to be the tough tire they claim, give me nitto or toyo
tks for input

1guyandtools

Reaction score
do you think a wheel with more of an offset would help? the factory looks weird anyway
Offset will not help. Those tires are nice looking but are soft composition. In the snow they are one of the best. Traction is there main draw but the wear issue has always been a problem. Keep them inflated and rotate every 3000 miles.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Offset will not help. Those tires are nice looking but are soft composition. In the snow they are one of the best. Traction is there main draw but the wear issue has always been a problem. Keep them inflated and rotate every 3000 miles.

i hope they make it till winter lol, i cant believe i didnt hear more about this before i bought them

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i hope they make it till winter lol, i cant believe i didnt hear more about this before i bought them

Nothing wrong with KO2's. I get about 40k out of them as compared to 25k from the typical stock tire you get from the factory. I consider myself hard on tires, it's just a driving and turning style and also the type of roads you travel.

I pondered the Nittos but my last 2 trucks had KO2's and the wet and snow traction is tremendous so I didn't want to mess with that. I believe the Nittos are also a lesser ply, 4-6? Someone jump in on this? Which isn't a bad thing depending on your needs and is a lighter tire. The KO2's can tow heavy and due to being 10 ply, are heavier than the Nittos.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with KO2's. I get about 40k out of them as compared to 25k from the typical stock tire you get from the factory. I consider myself hard on tires, it's just a driving and turning style and also the type of roads you travel.

I pondered the Nittos but my last 2 trucks had KO2's and the wet and snow traction is tremendous so I didn't want to mess with that. I believe the Nittos are also a lesser ply, 4-6? Someone jump in on this? Which isn't a bad thing depending on your needs and is a lighter tire. The KO2's can tow heavy and due to being 10 ply, are heavier than the Nittos.

i drive like an old man so its not that, its not roads i live in the city, ive had 2 set of nittos and 1 toyo all on lifted trucks and never had this issue so sorry but it seems to me like there is something wrong with the tires, i hope bf makes it right

Users who are viewing this thread