5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready Lift 2inch preload spacer?

TA5thGen

Reaction score
I just ordered the 2inch Ready Lift preload spacer from CJ pony. Has anyone installed this kit on there 5th gen or has had them on there truck before. I had fox 2.0 coilovers on my 16 F150 and and the ride quality was good. There is currently no coilovers I see available yet and 1300 cost for the Mopar kit for struts shocks and spacers is a little much.

Icecold77

Reaction score
I thought the same thing... Check my post on this thread.. I have the RL kit for sale minus the UCAs.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The strut that comes with the Mopar kit is basically the same 2.0 shock in the 2.0 coilover but without the coil already installed. The major difference is that the 2.0 coilovers offer adjustable preload the only real performance upgrade would be a factory series 2.5 with resevoirs and DSC adjuster or similar offering from King or Radflo. In the grand scheme of things the Mopar kit is probably over priced by about $400 but it does maintain the factory warranty. I'd be willing to bet when Fox releases a 2.0 coilover for the new Ram the valving will be identical to what they provide in the Mopar kit.

Icecold77

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the good old factory warranty for what it's worth is not void for minor lift/levels- meaning under 3 in. Short of an all out denial of a major issue, any dealer worth its salt wont turn away their customers. I also think they'd have to prove your lift caused the problem to deny a claim.. Again in my mind a claim would hopefully not been on the horizon for any of us..

That being said- I know many bought into Mopars kit bc the warranty stays in tact. Look at Mopars site- they offer lifts of 3 and 4 inches for the last Gen and other FCA vehicles... Food for thought.. that's all...

TA5thGen

Reaction score
I had the ready lift 2 inch billet aluminum pre load spacer installed this week and wheel alignment. The truck has a nice level stance no more low rider truck. The truck rides good maybe a little more bouncy over bumps in the front but overall not bad. I feel like driving a stock ram and my truck just to compare. I have only 600 miles on the truck and I probably drive a few times a week so I don’t have a lot of stock seat time to compare from stock to the level kit.

Attachments

• 83FBD239-E954-4F8E-9263-66E8A665E59C.jpeg
    83FBD239-E954-4F8E-9263-66E8A665E59C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 200

TA5thGen

Reaction score
I spoke to soon. I’m noticeing a clunking noise on the passenger side more noticeable on lower speeds slightly bumpy road. Any ideas what would cause this issue?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spoke to soon. I’m noticeing a clunking noise on the passenger side more noticeable on lower speeds slightly bumpy road. Any ideas what would cause this issue?
The problem with preload spacers is that it stretches the strut out. It essentially took 2" of down travel away from the strut. It is possible that over bumpier roads that the strut is maxed out and can not travel down any further.

I ran into the issue on my 2013 2wd after installing a spring spacer type leveling kit. Parking lots and speed bumps killed it and I would occasionally hear the thud. Aside from that it rode great.

TA5thGen

Reaction score
The problem with preload spacers is that it stretches the strut out. It essentially took 2" of down travel away from the strut. It is possible that over bumpier roads that the strut is maxed out and can not travel down any further.

I ran into the issue on my 2013 2wd after installing a spring spacer type leveling kit. Parking lots and speed bumps killed it and I would occasionally hear the thud. Aside from that it rode great.
I’m just noticing it on the passenger side so far. I’m going to have the shop that installed it check it out Monday. If it doesn’t get resolved I will have them return it to stock and wait for a set of fox or icon coil overs to come out and a set of UCAs

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m just noticing it on the passenger side so far. I’m going to have the shop that installed it check it out Monday. If it doesn’t get resolved I will have them return it to stock and wait for a set of fox or icon coil overs to come out and a set of UCAs
You could always just go with a spacer on top of the strut. I went with the Readylift top spacer with control arms and am very pleased. It rides just like stock. Either way, I hope you are able to get it resolved.

TA5thGen

Reaction score
I went to the shop who installed it today they couldn’t find anything with there install and I left with the same issue went to the dealership they looked at it heard the noise also said it was both sides and suggested removal of the spacers now after speaking with the shop owner there going to take it apart put back together if it doesn’t make noise it’s after breaking down and reinstalling it it’s on them if it is still making noise I’m paying the installation cost again and alignment. I supplied the part brand new in the box and had the dealership due the wheel alignment so the shop is blaming the ready lift spacer and the ram dealership who aligned the truck after the installation.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
I went to the shop who installed it today they couldn’t find anything with there install and I left with the same issue went to the dealership they looked at it heard the noise also said it was both sides and suggested removal of the spacers now after speaking with the shop owner there going to take it apart put back together if it doesn’t make noise it’s after breaking down and reinstalling it it’s on them if it is still making noise I’m paying the installation cost again and alignment. I supplied the part brand new in the box and had the dealership due the wheel alignment so the shop is blaming the ready lift spacer and the ram dealership who aligned the truck after the installation.

What ever happened with your clunking sound? I thought I had the normal “front end clunk” , had the TSB performed and my clunk is still there. It only happens when going ovesmaller bumps at very low speeds or turning slowly. I spoke to readylift and they suggested disassembling the strut and putting it back together since sometimes people don’t get the Pre load spacer seated correctly.

M

Mdegen93

I put them on my truck. No difference in the ride. I love them

TA5thGen

Reaction score
What ever happened with your clunking sound? I thought I had the normal “front end clunk” , had the TSB performed and my clunk is still there. It only happens when going ovesmaller bumps at very low speeds or turning slowly. I spoke to readylift and they suggested disassembling the strut and putting it back together since sometimes people don’t get the Pre load spacer seated correctly.
The shop I went to turned out to be real scammers. They removed the preload spacer and didn’t put it back in to cover up there mistake plus charged me money. I went with the Moto fab 2.5 inch spacer and I have no issues also when it was back stock no issues. I don’t believe it was the ready lift preload spacers causing the problem.

M

Mdegen93

The shop I went to turned out to be real scammers. They removed the preload spacer and didn’t put it back in to cover up there mistake plus charged me money. I went with the Moto fab 2.5 inch spacer and I have no issues also when it was back stock no issues. I don’t believe it was the ready lift preload spacers causing the problem.
I had the clunk with stock suspension. Somehow it has gone away by itself. Put the Readylift spacer in and there’s 0 issues

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I had the clunk with stock suspension. Somehow it has gone away by itself. Put the Readylift spacer in and there’s 0 issues
I had this problem when I was stock. On the first run production struts they must have had issues because the replacement strut was on national backorder and already had a superseded part number.

DSOOBY

Reaction score
Just as an update, my clunking sound was caused by the top but on the strut not being properly torqued. The shop gave it a few turns and it is good to go now!

Users who are viewing this thread