5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready Lift 2” Level w UCAs

TangoTango

Reaction score
I got a quote for the Ready Lift 2" Level Kit with UCAs on my Laramie 4x2 for a total of $1000 installed and aligned. Since this is southern CA, does this price seem reasonable? Anyone have any concerns about the kit?

Also, should I be considering any other kits at this price point. I see that the Bilstein 5100s may be available sometime this year, but would these offer any big advantages over the Ready Lift kit? 90% on road driving, 10% snow/fire roads. Thanks!

Turbo1895

Reaction score
I bought the kit on Black Friday for $450 and was quoted yesterday by a local shop $300 to install it with no Alignment. Figure another $100 bucks for alignment and I am at $850. Please keep in mind I live in Long Island NY which tends to be on the more expensive side of things as well. So $1,000 bucks is on the higher end of the pricing spectrum (IMO) and if you shop around and wait, you may be able to save 100 dollars or so.

Turbo1895

Reaction score
I am going to have this kit installed Monday, I got the kit for $476 and was quoted $400 for install and alignment.
Is she getting new shoes withe her new stance as well? Still shopping for mine, actually stopped by a shop and looked again. So close to pulling the trigger on fuel blitzs in matte black and ddt (double dark tint) but just hesitating slightly for some reason. The truck is black so I guess I am worried about these looking too bronze or goldish and looking slightly weird

Attachments

• 20200104_105155.jpg
    20200104_105155.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 69

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
I got my ReadyLift kit for $475 and paid $125 to have it installed, and $50 for alignment. Excellent kit!

MFALRAM

Reaction score
I got a quote for the Ready Lift 2" Level Kit with UCAs on my Laramie 4x2 for a total of $1000 installed and aligned. Since this is southern CA, does this price seem reasonable? Anyone have any concerns about the kit?

Also, should I be considering any other kits at this price point. I see that the Bilstein 5100s may be available sometime this year, but would these offer any big advantages over the Ready Lift kit? 90% on road driving, 10% snow/fire roads. Thanks!
Bilsteins are available now

19LaramieRam

Reaction score
Is she getting new shoes withe her new stance as well? Still shopping for mine, actually stopped by a shop and looked again. So close to pulling the trigger on fuel blitzs in matte black and ddt (double dark tint) but just hesitating slightly for some reason. The truck is black so I guess I am worried about these looking too bronze or goldish and looking slightly weird
Eventually... I am putting 275/70 Cooper XLTs on the stock wheels for now. Lake Erie winters can be harsh.
I like the look of those wheels, I like the bronze match with a black truck it stands out from the standard black truck and black wheels!

fer1023

Reaction score
Ordered my Bilseins on Tuesday, they are set to be delivered on Monday. only taking that long cause im in ohio and they are shipping from Utah

GARebel19

Reaction score
That's encouraging that the install didn't take you that long. I looked over the install instructions and it didn't seen that complicated. I'm just worried about everything coming apart without me having to beat the hell out of it.

Turbo1895

Reaction score
That's encouraging that the install didn't take you that long. I looked over the install instructions and it didn't seen that complicated. I'm just worried about everything coming apart without me having to beat the hell out of it.
If it is a relatively new truck, You shouldn't have to. Rust is what makes all the bolts "Stick" and "Freeze". If there is no rust, nothing will be frozen or over torqued. Everything I replaced on my truck so far has been an absolute pleasure to work on.

rah6887

Reaction score
I was more thinking of how easy the ball joints were going to want to separate.
I watched my son put my bilstiens on yesterday, he flew right through it, like mentioned above, a fairly new truck, no beating necessary.
It took him about 3 hours, and that included taking a few breaks.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I watched my son put my bilstiens on yesterday, he flew right through it, like mentioned above, a fairly new truck, no beating necessary.
It took him about 3 hours, and that included taking a few breaks.
How's the ride compared to stock?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

rah6887

Reaction score
How's the ride compared to stock?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Haven't driven it enough to tell yet, but it kinda feels the same, maybe a little better.
Definitely a wise choice for leveling a truck without sacrificing the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread