5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready Lift 2“ Pre-Load Spacer

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I talked to my dealership about doing a level on my truck. They said they use the Ready Lift 2” pre-load spacer to do the level. I am a little surprised because I believe this would compress the spring, correct? And a compressed spring would provide a rougher ride? I do like the idea of the dealership doing the install so if anything goes wrong it’s their issue.

What are the pros and cons of a pre-load spacer vs a top hat spacer?

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just did some additional reading on the pre-load spacer and evidently this works like an adjustable coil over accept it is pre set and can’t be adjusted. May go that route even though it’s more expensive from the dealer.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wouldn't go with the preload spacer just because it makes the suspension stiffer. Ask your dealer if they will install a top hat spacer instead. My dealer installed mine.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Readylift 2” tophat spacer and UCA kit on Amazon !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That kit is still $407 with free shipping on TireRack.
1ACA48C6-9424-40E9-B48F-389B59498317.png

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
UPS man just brought me mine …. Sittin right here on my desk !!! Now if Bilstein would get off their arses and start shippin some 5100’s, I’d be all set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just drove my buddies truck that had the dealer do the preload spacer and I don’t feel hardly any difference. To me it takes away that bouncy Cadillac feel

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just drove my buddies truck that had the dealer do the preload spacer and I don’t feel hardly any difference. To me it takes away that bouncy Cadillac feel
If you like it, that's all that matters. I haven't driven a truck with the pre-load spacer, just going off the reviews I've read.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A preload spacer will make the ride stiffer than OEM or a top hat spacer with the same lift height. Almost all lifts will make the ride stiffer/harsher than OEM unless you start getting into the high end coilovers, and even then the more you lift it the worse the ride gets.

If it works for you cool, but I'd suggest the top hat spacer. You can get a 2" motofab for like $60. If money isn't a big factor I'd suggest Bilstein 5100's if you can get them.

Users who are viewing this thread