5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re: parking lots

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol sadly I do not and I applaud those who do but I’m just not that guy. I’ll park in an area reserved for a truck to fit in properly but that’s the extent of it. This is in no way bashing in those who do.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I definitely fall into this category. The parking spots where I work are pretty narrow. I get to work earlier than most people, and there are a few choice spots. So I don't have to hunt in the morning. It's more challenging if I go out for lunch. And I park in or near the back row in public parking lots.

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
I definitely fall into this category. The parking spots where I work are pretty narrow. I get to work earlier than most people, and there are a few choice spots. So I don't have to hunt in the morning. It's more challenging if I go out for lunch. And I park in or near the back row in public parking lots.
Exactly my situation.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will take a spot next to a median/required open spot, but I won't spend 10 minutes driving around to find it. If I can find an end spot and put my wheels 2" from the median that's my preferred area.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Fortunately my wife, who is the primary operator of “her” Limited, knows to park well away from others. I see so many people (women usually but not always) waiting to get that precious close-in space, wedged between 2 other vehicles and just waiting for door dings.

Renegade3

Reaction score
I work in the five sided fun house in DC, the spots are a tad small but there are a few coveted end row spots that have more room. I look for dings every day....

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Same here but i'm always bring my own lunch so car still stay at same spot, i also deploy my running bar for extra caution. If i'm at public parking lot, i'm always parked near the end of the row with no car around me, wife don't like it 1st but she used to now.

Thr33BlindMice

Reaction score
im still learning how to park ...... lol.... and yes....quite a few times I have decided to park out in the boonies and walk...lol.

nburd

Reaction score
I absolutely do! You hit a sore spot with me!!!! I hate door dings! So many people do not care. I park at the top of Walmart far from everyone. I am paranoid about them and always have been. The story is my 1980 Corvette I had in College, it was my graduation gift the summer before my senior year. My folks paid (I stripped it 100% down, all chrome, interior, handles etc) for a perfect Chromabase "Indian Silver Metallic " paint job. It was finally done in August and I had to go to KMart to get something. I parked it in the last space at the edge of the lot, 30 spaces empty between I and the next cars. I returned a few moments later to find a shopping cart was against my front fender with a nickel sized complete chip missing from the paint on the passenger side fender. I was upset. I never fixed it other than dabbing some paint on it and it was there when I sold it in 2008 and was the only ding in a car I had for 16 years. I kept my '13 Ram ding free for the two year lease period and kept my 300 HEMI nearly ding free (someone hit my passenger door) for 5 years, so I hope I can do the same with this truck . My son's 2020 Warlock, bought in March of '20, already has a ding in the Front fender. Fortunately its a lease but he does currently plan on buying it out at the end. PDR can fix it. Lastly, one more story. I have a '19 Hyundai Electric that my wife drives and we both love it, which is the reason she let me get my truck. I mowed the lawn the other day, caught a hole the dog dug and it sent a 1" rock into the middle of the drivers door. It removed the paint and created a 1 1/2" crater. I just had it fixed, fortunately covered by Comp, but $593 later it's gone. I guess I will park the cars at the neighbors when I mow now.

Attachments

• IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 31

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Yup, park way out there to avoid door dings. Most door dings can be removed by a good PDR person, but still prefer not to get them.

Only negative is that being out there by itself makes me feel it's a bit vulnerable to thieves who want something not close to the public to go after. I've walked out of Home Depot before and saw some suspicious looking van parked right next to my truck, only to drive away as I walked up.

So ideally you want to be parked away to avoid door dings, but not too far away.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always park in BFE, corner spot if possible. Drives my wife nuts, lol. At work the lot is always full, so I get there about 30 min early just to get an end spot so I can park far to one side, as far away as possible from whatever careless person ends up next to me.

Sherran

Reaction score
We have about 2k employees where I work so you can imagine our parking lot is huge. Out in BFE there is an unspoken rule - Leave a spot in between each other. Needless to say, it's about a 8-10 minute walk to the building and over 100 degrees when I leave, but it's worth not having to worry all day! When I shop, if there is an order online option and let them load it for you, I will. Otherwise, I order through Amazon :LOL:

Scram1500

Reaction score
Only thing I do is back in or pull through to an open spot. Getting out of crowded lots these days is a nightmare, many people around with their face buried in a smart phone. Imagine how bad you'd feel if you backed over an SJW with a man bun

Users who are viewing this thread