5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RC 5" Lift to ReadyLift 6" Conversion Advice

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Hey y'all, so I currently have the Rough Country 5 inch lift for Air Ride and I tried installing the Daystar front leveling pucks to take some pressure off the airbags while also running the Revel links. Problem is, the Daystar threads are different than the stud threads on the RC bag spacers so it won't work out of the box. I know that Revel sells the Daystar and ReadyLift 6 inch lift as a package so I know whatever stud threads they are using on their spacers is compatible.

So my question becomes, instead of swapping the entire lift out which seems pointless, is it feasible to source only the ReadyLift airbag spacers and keep everything else RC? The spacers seem to only be 1 inch taller both front and rear for ReadyLift vs the RC ones so it shouldn't really affect much else. That being said, I wouldn't have to get longer shocks for the rear, correct? Or if someone can point me to a good pair of shocks for 6 inch lift, I'm looking to upgrade anyway at some point. Thanks in advance!

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can't you just hit the local hardware store and buy the proper nut sizes to match?

Are you trying to stack a spacer on top of the RC spacer that goes on top of the air bag?

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
Can't you just hit the local hardware store and buy the proper nut sizes to match?

Are you trying to stack a spacer on top of the RC spacer that goes on top of the air bag?
The studs for the RC airbag spacer are pressed in. My only option is to rethread the inside of the stud extenders that come with the Daystar kit.

To answer your question, yes. Right now I just have the RC 5 inch spacers and I also have the Revel links to fool the truck into riding around in OR2 all the time. Problem is it can be a little stiff and bouncy with the airbags maxed out. The Daystar leveling spacer would sit on top of the lift kit spacer and allow the same amount of lift up front without the air bag needing to be max inflated. It just won't work with the RC spacers so I figured I could just swap them out with the ReadyLift ones that are already an inch taller since that's a 6 inch kit.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm confused.

Wouldn't you re-use the nuts from RC spacer to attach the Daystar spacer on top and then didn't the Daystar spacer come with nuts to mount to vehicle strut tower? :unsure:

paulmarsh22

Reaction score
So I might have not used my brain initially apparently as I was only looking at doing this one specific way. In the photo attached, I was trying to put the Daystar spacer on top of the airbag spacer that came with the RC lift. This was purely out of laziness. Those studs in the RC spacer were what I was referring to having the wrong threads for the Daystar stud extenders.

Now looking at it, the bottom studs look to have a different thread and are probably what I'm supposed to install the Daystar spacer on. I just didn't think I had to take the RC spacer off to install this. I already gave this kit to my brother to install on his Bighorn so I'll have to order another kit and try again.

However, I am still going to try and see if Readylift will sell me just the 4 air bag spacers because every inch counts! 1000005285.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread