5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rattling sound in eco mode

Acesfull145

Reaction score
I bought a used 2020 1500 5.7L etorque a couple months ago and it has this mild rattling sound coming from the back of the truck when crusing in eco mode. Only happens in eco mode and seems to be the most noticeable when slightly apply gas. As soon as eco mode switches off, it goes away. Took it to the dealership and they said they couldn’t recreate it. Anyone have this issue? Everything on the truck is stock

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought a used 2020 1500 5.7L etorque a couple months ago and it has this mild rattling sound coming from the back of the truck when crusing in eco mode. Only happens in eco mode and seems to be the most noticeable when slightly apply gas. As soon as eco mode switches off, it goes away. Took it to the dealership and they said they couldn’t recreate it. Anyone have this issue? Everything on the truck is stock
There is a thread on the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and TSB.
I would have a problem with the ANC when I had people in the back seat. I loaded up the back seat with rubber maid containers and magazines when I took it to the dealership. It took 2 trips and TSB in hand to get it fixed under warranty.

see post #12

Best of luck and hope this helps.

Attachments

• Ram TSB 08-056-19 ANC MC-10168479-9999.pdf
    29.9 KB · Views: 24

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Might be something loose, like exhaust. There is a lot more vibration when mds kicks in for me. Something to check. Good luck

Acesfull145

Reaction score
Might be something loose, like exhaust. There is a lot more vibration when mds kicks in for me. Something to check. Good luck
Thanks. This has to be what it is. Didn’t make sense at first why it would happen with mds on but not when it kicked off. Extra vibration makes sense though

Bob.

Reaction score
MDS does make more sound with an after market muffler. You could turn the MDS off as your cruising if it bugs you. Simply press the + - buttons on the steering wheel to kick the tranny out of the highest gear. MDS will stay off until you restart it, then you will need to do it again if you desire.
Try kicking the tailpipes to see if your tail pipe is touching the rear bumper or something.

Prime1299

Reaction score
Had a exactly same issue when switched to eco mode and light gas pedal pressure is applied rattling noise from engine is noticeable,
Just to mention used by mistake regular 87 octane when i made a switch back to primium 93 ostane noise was gone,
another thing to mention used regular fuel couple years back on the same vehicle no noise could be heard,
2018 dodge durango rt hemi 5.7l.
I also own 2019 ram no noise yet.

Users who are viewing this thread