5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rattle that came out of no where

Scjon03

Reaction score
Yep, came out of no where. Stupid rattle/creak or whatever in my passenger dash. Near the right corner of the windshield. 2.8k miles and the rattle just started. If I press down on the corner of the dash the rattle would stop. I took apart the entire right side of the dash, upper/lower glove box compartments, the center screen bezel, and the lower trim under the upper glove box. Cannot not find where the exact source of the rattle is coming from. I also notice that on the passenger side you can see the airbag outline on the dash. Anyone have that issue?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There’s a couple of threads about rattles. I don’t remember seeing anything consistent or a pattern. One never got something stuck behind I believe. Can it be something loose in the engine bay or cowl that sounds like it’s the dash? Even though it goes away when you press the dash maybe that pressure is actually transferring to the cowl? These things can be a bear to track down. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Scjon03

Reaction score
There’s a couple of threads about rattles. I don’t remember seeing anything consistent or a pattern. One never got something stuck behind I believe. Can it be something loose in the engine bay or cowl that sounds like it’s the dash? Even though it goes away when you press the dash maybe that pressure is actually transferring to the cowl? These things can be a bear to track down. Good luck. Keep us posted.

I try looking into the engine bay and No luck. it got to cold to really get into it. The rattle like echos all around the passenger side. But I can make it happen at command just by tapping the passenger side dash area.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It could be so many things, loose clip, etc. If you can pinpoint it by holding down a specific part of the dash then that is helpful. I’d start in the engine bay. Start taping things to see if rattle goes away. Other then that you probably have to pull dash unfortunately

Scjon03

Reaction score
watch the part almost the end of this clip, maybe this is the reason.

That would of been very easy. But nope that wasn't it. Ill try to get a video of it later and post it. It's like near the windshield corner area.

Scjon03

Reaction score
I believe I found the rattle source. It was coming from the passenger airbag lower right mounting bracket. The bolt in place was over torque I guess. After loosening it up and realigning it and rattle should stopped. After driving the truck around for a few the rattle is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread