5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rattle sound in cooler temps

Nels

Reaction score
Looking for ideas to cure my mystery rattle. My truck has what I can best describe as a rattling noise, or a very light clunking, that comes about when outside temps get down to about 40 degrees. Any little bump in the road will cause it. All summer long in warmer temps I never hear it.

Its location is hard to pinpoint from inside the cab, but seems like it's nearly right underneath me most of the time

A dealer said the culprit was a Plastic wheel well liner so they replaced it. Didn't help. Any other ideas that I can look at?

sgtsodo

Reaction score
My truck does the same thing. I have had it to the dealer several times and eventually gave up. I think its in the steering wheel, air bag module or clock spring. Let me know if you figure it out.

sgtsodo

Reaction score
I should add, the dealer repaced my steering wheel, BUT canabalized all the parts, so buttons, air bag module etc was transplanted into the new wheel. Did not fix the issue.

Nels

Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life because I dtill haven't found the problem. Anyone else having this issue and/or can point me in a direction?

Users who are viewing this thread