5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rattle From Sunroof Center Stack

ZRam2019L

Reaction score
My 2019 Limited, with panoramic sunroof has a subtle rattle/popping- cracking noise whenever I go over the slightest bump in the road. The noise comes from the inside lip of the sunroof/ceiling center stack. If I put my hand in the gap with the sunroof screen open, and press down slightly, the noise stops. Has anyone encountered this and does anyone have a resolution?

The_Chemist

Reaction score
My 2019 Limited, with panoramic sunroof has a subtle rattle/popping- cracking noise whenever I go over the slightest bump in the road. The noise comes from the inside lip of the sunroof/ceiling center stack. If I put my hand in the gap with the sunroof screen open, and press down slightly, the noise stops. Has anyone encountered this and does anyone have a resolution?
Are you pressing down on the headliner? My pano headliner makes clicking and ticking sounds much of the time. The headliners are held in place with Velcro fasteners. Mine are all loose.

If you press up on the headliner in the same area with the sunroof closed, will the noise stop?

If so, you probably have the same issue. Another forum member replied to my thread on this topic and said his headliner makes the same noises that mine does.

Assembly quality at the factory is not the best...

Torcar7

Reaction score
Did you ever figure out the cause? I have this problem right now.

Cheers
Did you ever figure out the cause of this? I have this problem right now.

Cheers.

dailyherold

Reaction score
I have something similar that drives me crazy. I thought it was in sunroof lip area but just recently noticed I can affect it by the passenger vanity mirror. I've been playing with different positions and now am investigating the mirror and mount itself or the headliner area right around it. If I pull down a bit on mirror and let it "slap" back against headliner I hear some rattle, versus on driver side it's a solid dead thud. Curious if you observe the same @Torcar7 ?

Users who are viewing this thread