5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rattle/Clicking Noise next to my head...

techno96

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed or hopefully solved this issue. I'm 99% sure it is something to do with the seatbelt mechanism. There is a clicking noise right next to my left ear, it sounds like it is coming from that area on the pillar. I have tried driving briefly without the seatbelt on and it doesn't seem to happen then, does anyone have any ideas on this?

bpd

Reaction score
I had this same issue. Sprayed some graphite lock lubricant into where the seatbelt pivots on the B pillar. Haven’t heard it since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is plastic creaking (not just over bumps) on my left side, it's the plastic surround on the inside which mainly includes the 'delta' panel towards the front interior of the driver's side window. Dealer just put some double sided tape to see if it fixes it lol. Seems like the delta part near the A Pillar is not making the noise but now the trim towards the B Panel is, I'll see if it still does tomorrow; not really worried about it.

techno96

Reaction score
I'll see if it still does tomorrow; not really worried about it.
My noise happens even without bumps either, so it's incredibly annoying and since its so close to my ear I can hear it over the radio.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have the same issue. It’s the mechanism for adjusting the seatbelt shoulder height.
I’ve found that lowering it creates tension and minimizes the rattle. Next time I’m at the dealer I will have them look at it. It’s pretty annoying.

Ratchet

Reaction score
I have the same issue as well. Have spent the last week chasing down squeaks and rattles. Previous owner must have traded due to all the rattles. I've been able to locate and fix appx 95% of them...and I will find them all. Muhahahaha

Mopahlovah

Reaction score
I have a slight rattle next to the left side as well. I believe mine is the door seal squeaking and vibrating though. anyone else think its the door seal near top of B pillar?

Muskiez

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed or hopefully solved this issue. I'm 99% sure it is something to do with the seatbelt mechanism. There is a clicking noise right next to my left ear, it sounds like it is coming from that area on the pillar. I have tried driving briefly without the seatbelt on and it doesn't seem to happen then, does anyone have any ideas on this?
It is definitely coming from the seat belt. This noise drove me nuts for the first few weeks until I figured out where it was coming from. I tried lightly oiling it in the pivot point where the bolt goes thru but that didn’t help. I ended up taking the plastic cap off and put a hose gasket in there. It fits perfect. That took care of 90 percent of the noise. I did this prob 11 months ago and it’s still pretty quiet. I will notice a slight click once in a while but that’s about it

Attachments

• F3D02925-0588-46D9-97EE-E855DE54D0F8.jpeg
    F3D02925-0588-46D9-97EE-E855DE54D0F8.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 101

Jason605

Reaction score
Mine too. Only way I've solved it is to have the window down about 1mm

Muskiez

Reaction score
Any advice on how to get that off? I think I'll give this fix a shot
If I remember right.. the plastic piece just snaps off. Just carefully pull it straight out. I think there are just some plastic tabs holding it on. Once you have that piece off, the hose gasket easily goes on.

techno96

Reaction score
If I remember right.. the plastic piece just snaps off. Just carefully pull it straight out. I think there are just some plastic tabs holding it on. Once you have that piece off, the hose gasket easily goes on.
Going to give that a try, thanks!

Subduedracer

Reaction score
I put a rubber seal on mine to do the same thing. My rattle is still there. When I isolate the seatbelt it still makes noise. I have put dynomat behind the B pillar. Still has the rattle. I'm losing my mind tracking this down. Has anyone figured out what the sound can be? I also replaced my cab mounts.

Rapidskate

Reaction score
My rattle seems to be coming from the seat belt mechanism down in the “b” pillar, like a pendulum lock for the belt when the truck rocks side to side. I‘ve had the dealer replace the belt twice, which seems to fix it for a while, but it has come back a 3rd time. It’s almost as if a pendulum has a bumper but the bumper wears out. It starts gradually but gets to rattling all the time after a while. Only on the driver’s side.

vinnieloo

Reaction score
My rattle was the head rest ratcheting mechanism. Clicked it forward 1 click and it stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread