5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rat control ?

Duran

Reaction score
So little furry friends habe been in my engine bay and pissing everywhere. Luckily no wore damage. What do you use to scath away the rats . Let me know

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
1) Rat traps nearby, baited with gummi bears. Fresh ones slit nicely so you can jam them onto the trap where they'll stay put. From my experience, the lemon ones seem to work best.
2) Tom Cat Rat Poison strategically placed underhood

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Damn. I live somewhere that doesn't have rats, because if there were any around the hawks, owls, fox, raccoons, bobcats, coyotes and black snakes would eat them.

I had a property once in the city that had a rat problem around it because of sloppy-*** neighbors and the only thing that could be done about it in the end was get an exterminator. You need to be killing off the rats at high speed, and you usually can't do that with just a trap unless you have dozens of these traps around, so poison bait is generally your best bet. Especially in the case of rat litters, where the mother will bring the poison back to the nest.

Keezer

Reaction score
If you still have them in the engine bay put stainless steel wool on the right side of the battery, around the harness that goes thru the firewall right in front of the driver and the hole where they can get under the intake and chew the front MDS sensor wire. There are a zillion places to hide in these trucks, if a snap trap or other does not get them use poison (last resort) or you may have some repairs to be done.

You can use a couple game cameras set in front and side of the truck to see where it jumps up, you will be surprised. If there is one there is probably 10.

Duran

Reaction score
Ive heard using peppermimt spray. Have yoy used the sonic noise makers

saylor

Reaction score
i had mice eat thru the harness on my old 2016 ferd,, something something in the wire insulation that they liked,, cost a grip to fix had to take it to the dealer to pin all those wires back together it totally sucked

Darkrt

Reaction score
I've had a lot of success using a trap baited with peanut butter.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you find any chewed electrical stuff, after fixing them, use this stuff to re-wrap the wires. I've heard good things, its supposedly treated with some sort of oil or something that is too hot for mice/rats, they don't like it.

Duran

Reaction score
The older vehicles used to coat wires in peanut oil .

RC Turner

Reaction score
I use bars of Irish Spring soap placed around and under my motorcycle, cars etc. I have used it for years and the success has been excellent. No rat or mouse issues.

Burnzie

Reaction score
Dryer sheets keep the mice and squirrels away for me when I put stuff in storage, don't know if it will work with rats.

Users who are viewing this thread