5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rare Rebel?

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
So it looks like there is no 2023 Rebel EcoD? Does it mean rebel EcoD owners are unicorns? Looks like they only made them for 3 years. I wonder how many were made to start with.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had two now and neither had any powertrain issues in over 85000km.

With the current fuel prices it’s not even worth it to drive a diesel over the same gas powered truck unless you tow a lot. Oil changes cost more due to mopar’s proprietary oil filter and fuel filter changes about even things out.

While these trucks will be a rare commodity, I think engine parts will become a problem as time goes on as so few were produced. Have to wait and see how things go I guess.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had two now and neither had any powertrain issues in over 85000km.

With the current fuel prices it’s not even worth it to drive a diesel over the same gas powered truck unless you tow a lot. Oil changes cost more due to mopar’s proprietary oil filter and fuel filter changes about even things out.

While these trucks will be a rare commodity, I think engine parts will become a problem as time goes on as so few were produced. Have to wait and see how things go I guess.
The things that somewhat save the engine: the engine’s been in production for almost a decade. There’s slight differences, but that alone helps when trying to get parts in the future as there is some crossover. Also, banks makes a version of this engine (630T) primarily for the military. That gives hope that they’ll have something available if needed. That being said, the Banks 630T crate engine is $29k. At that point it would be worth considering selling, or maybe doing a hemi swap if you wanted to keep the truck indefinitely.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The things that somewhat save the engine: the engine’s been in production for almost a decade. There’s slight differences, but that alone helps when trying to get parts in the future as there is some crossover. Also, banks makes a version of this engine (630T) primarily for the military. That gives hope that they’ll have something available if needed. That being said, the Banks 630T crate engine is $29k. At that point it would be worth considering selling, or maybe doing a hemi swap if you wanted to keep the truck indefinitely.
That’s cool, I thought their main game was the duramax. Some pretty cool videos put up by their team from time to time with some amazing products.

Ruger

Reaction score
One more thing that will keep ECODiesel parts around for a bit longer is Jeep still offers the engine for now and the Jeep community loves them. I have a 2023 Laramie ECO on order and I hope to have it for a long time. Wanted an eco Rebel but that wasn’t possible.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
or drop a 5.9 cummin in it haha

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That’s cool, I thought their main game was the duramax. Some pretty cool videos put up by their team from time to time with some amazing products.
Banks loves the Cummins diesel and Dodge/Ram trucks. They used a Cummins powered Dakota to set the diesel truck land speed record.

Users who are viewing this thread