5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Raptor" Style Grill Lights?

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
The Raptors have the 3 amber colored lights in the grill. I'm thinking about doing the same but with white LED lights to match the running lights. Has anyone done something similar? Any guidance would be appreciated.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Raptors have the 3 amber colored lights in the grill. I'm thinking about doing the same but with white LED lights to match the running lights. Has anyone done something similar? Any guidance would be appreciated.
Can't help with white but here is a pic of amber
f1cb0b7b9e68caf35af269fe41d944ad.jpg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you describe your install and how you wired them?
Wire is positive to parking lamp and negetive to ground. I don't care for splicing into oem wires and honestly to get to wire on the back of the headlamp was just a pain so I chose just to run the positive wire to the back bumper where I installed curt trailer harness adapter and spliced into the parking /rubbing wire of the Curt harness. I know it's the most ideal wiring location but pretty easy considering you have ample room underneath. For the light install in to grill I wrapped 3M double-sided foam tape around the barrel(you are just building the barrel diameter so it is a hair larger than grill opening)of each led light and then insert into grill and the double-sided tape secures them to the grill. They may appear a little loose(thjs is good as it gives you a chance to adjust) but give it overnight and foam tape will re-expand(it pushed down slightly when inserting into the grill) and adhere to the grill. The wires or each light are daisy chained together behind the grill. Word of caution be careful running the wires behind so they don't interfere with grill shutters. I also removed the screw tabs off the sides of each light cutters and sanded flat with dremel.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
4df60789a2fd0daf563497a58cefb026.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread