5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Range Day...let’s see what everyone shoots!

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
AR with new Hera CQR stock & front grip. Super comfortable. IMG_5512.jpg

Last edited:

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious. Do they not allow open AR grips in PA?
You can do whatever you want to do in PA. I have 5 AR's all configured for different purposes. Don't knock the grip style until you try it. I like it better than a peg leg style grip (if you hit those things on something with any force they break pretty easy) but everyone's got their own preferences.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I shoot with these:

a89f2c98d7cbf065d681a1256e7d4c6f.jpg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
You can do whatever you want to do in PA. I have 4 AR's all configured for different purposes. Don't knock it until you try it.
Not my cup of tea but not knocking it. Thought perhaps is was some weird requirement like some of the oppressed states mandate (CA & NY, etc).

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not my cup of tea but not knocking it. Thought perhaps is was some weird requirement like some of the oppressed states mandate (CA & NY, etc).
The way some states are I can understand the thought.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
AR with new Hera CQR stock & front grip. Super comfortable. View attachment 69365

I use the Hera front grip on a number of my builds. The stock tends to reinforce the buffer tube assembly, and is quite ergonomic.

Not a big fan of the direct impingement gas system myself. One of the (many) reasons I really like my SCAR-17, Sig MPX (9mm) and MCX (300blackout),M-14's, and IWI Galil for their piston systems, which keep the bolt areas cleaner, and allow the guns to be setup in more compact configurations (folding stocks, etc.)

Rick

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use the Hera front grip on a number of my builds. The stock tends to reinforce the buffer tube assembly, and is quite ergonomic.

Not a big fan of the direct impingement gas system myself. One of the (many) reasons I really like my SCAR-17, Sig MPX (9mm) and MCX (300blackout),M-14's, and IWI Galil for their piston systems, which keep the bolt areas cleaner, and allow the guns to be setup in more compact configurations (folding stocks, etc.)

Rick
All good points and there are more pluses than minuses with piston systems. Its nice not having the buffer tube and spring system in the way for a compact folder. The other side of it is the arm brace pistol AR's are being adapted to scale down the total length and compacting the scale of the system as a whole. I kind of see it as working with what you have.

InFamous

Reaction score
Looks amazing. Love the end result and the patina.

Thank brother, I'm very pleased with the end result. The grips weren't as cheap as OEM but they make the firearm look so much better.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Something wrong with Glocks...? My 19 Rebel reminds me of my Glock 17.

I've found it to be mostly people who hate "plastic" guns. I love my G43. Glock has earned an excellent reputation from countless hours and rounds being used by enthusiasts and professionals. Never understood the Glock hate myself.

Users who are viewing this thread