5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Range Day...let’s see what everyone shoots!

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don’t understand some state laws. I can understand limited mag capacity, but don’t see how the type of grip makes a difference.

Because the people who write the law don't understand the functionality in the first place. Pistol grip, flash hider, vertical front grip, somehow that makes a rifle an assault weapon.

Instead I had to put on a weird space alien looking grip, angled front grip and ironically a more aggressive looking (and loud) compensator. At least with a featureless AR-15 you don't need to have a stupid bullet button anymore. It's functionally great however.

You should feel however good that since the state of California has not been able to ban the AR-15 after decades of trying, that no other state will be able to.

Last edited:

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
No pictures on my phone, but I've got a vz.24 and 91/30 that have sadly just been sitting in my safe for far too long. :(

Used to live in SC and would take them to the outdoor range half an hour from my house all the time and shoot dirt cheap surplus Soviet ammo. Since I moved up to the DC area in 2011, I can't shoot that surplus ammo anymore and really don't like paying the high prices for range-legal ammo around here.

Last time I shot was at the NRA range in 2017 :cry:

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
N frame Model 29 .44 Magnum and K frame Model 53 .22 Magnum (aka 22 Remington Jet) IMG_20200628_080359~3.jpg

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my first little targets set up for the home range. They'll be great to use for the handguns. Didn't think about the target diameter I bought for the AR. Gonna be a little challenging at 100 yards away o_O Maybe that's my incentive to get a scope lol

DE43A65B-0AA3-4608-9F3C-003B294BC754.jpeg

Rhombus

Reaction score
Sig P229 Legion in 9mm. Absolutely love this weapon
Rugwr LC9. - pocket 9mm
Ruger scout .308rifle
Custom built (by me) 5.56/.223 20” Twisted barrel. All Magpul furtniture, pistion driven, custom trigger. Accurate, predictable, reliable and actually a good looking weapon

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just picked up an M&P Sport II OR at my LGS...not my first choice but ARs are hard to get right now.

Put 100 rounds through it so far. Fun weapon! Now the hunt begins for upgrades that everyone says you have to do.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sold my Springfield Hellcat....hated the thin grip.
Picked up a Walther PPQ M2 9mm last week(made in Germany) kick-*** pistol! Fun to shoot....very accurate.
Today's economy has been very good business for gun dealers/Manufacturers. Shelves are empty but I want to pick up a new Ruger and Sig.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice guys! I bought two new lowers. Probably gonna do a 300 BLK pistol build and may just hang on to the other.

Users who are viewing this thread