5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random issue starting the truck

dperkinstx

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 Hemi. A couple of months ago I got in the truck and pressed the Start button. I heard a click but the truck didn't start. I wait a few seconds and try again. Click. After several tries, the truck started. This happened randomly for about a week, then the issue went away. A week ago, it started acting up again. Still, it's totally random when it happens, other than it seems to happen when the truck is cold. I took the truck to the dealership to see if they can diagnose the issue. It never happened while there. So I took the truck home, not knowing if or when it'll strand me somewhere. Has anyone else experienced this?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Start with ground connections and make sure your fuses are all seated properly. I know others have had issues with aforementioned.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 Hemi. A couple of months ago I got in the truck and pressed the Start button. I heard a click but the truck didn't start. I wait a few seconds and try again. Click. After several tries, the truck started. This happened randomly for about a week, then the issue went away. A week ago, it started acting up again. Still, it's totally random when it happens, other than it seems to happen when the truck is cold. I took the truck to the dealership to see if they can diagnose the issue. It never happened while there. So I took the truck home, not knowing if or when it'll strand me somewhere. Has anyone else experienced this?
going bad battery

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Some push buttons have been known to go bad too, if not battery.

should_have

Reaction score
Just to add a piece of puzzle. Before starting the truck, you can display on your dash to see what your battery voltage is before cranking. May point you towards a battery or grounding problem!

Users who are viewing this thread