5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Foam Square on Driver Floorboard?

Darthmayxj

Reaction score
Got a 2020 Ram and found a random piece of foam tape on the floor the other day. It looks like it came from under the dash but I don’t see a place it would go. Pulled the panel from under steering wheel that covers the fuse box and still don’t see a place it make sense to go. Anyone else? Or can someone take a look under their dash and see if they see it? Attached a pic of it.

Attachments

• 38A6B0B2-04A2-44B2-97A2-0FB6722640B7.jpeg
    38A6B0B2-04A2-44B2-97A2-0FB6722640B7.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 198

79 300

Reaction score
This probably sounds crazy but I found the same thing on the floor in my truck yesterday. It was laying on the driver's side floor mat. I had been at a doctor appt. earlier and I thought maybe it was something from there that stuck on my foot?? I looked around under the dash too and couldn't find anything. It had a sticky adhesive on one side. It was hot here yesterday, upper 80's, so maybe it let loose from wherever it was.

Darthmayxj

Reaction score
This probably sounds crazy but I found the same thing on the floor in my truck yesterday. It was laying on the driver's side floor mat. I had been at a doctor appt. earlier and I thought maybe it was something from there that stuck on my foot?? I looked around under the dash too and couldn't find anything. It had a sticky adhesive on one side. It was hot here yesterday, upper 80's, so maybe it let loose from wherever it was.

Yeah same here. Sticky on one side but from driver side. A guy in my local ram group found one on his driver side too lol

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Count me in. This has been covered previously but not too in depth. I believe it is used as a form of "insulation" under the dash. My best contortionist moves could not get me in a position to visualize where this goes. I prefer to get this back in place myself as I wonder if the dealer would really put it back and if so installed would it stay. Also I found mine on the floor after warranty work on the brake.

Darthmayxj

Reaction score
Count me in. This has been covered previously but not too in depth. I believe it is used as a form of "insulation" under the dash. My best contortionist moves could not get me in a position to visualize where this goes. I prefer to get this back in place myself as I wonder if the dealer would really put it back and if so installed would it stay. Also I found mine on the floor after warranty work on the brake.

My OCD wants to put it back. or at least know where it came from to determine if its needed.

Doc33

Reaction score
Jako you are awesome. This makes sense. Ill go take a look this weekend and see if I can see where this would go now.
If you find location where this belongs please post....mine came off couple weeks ago

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Jako you are awesome. This makes sense. Ill go take a look this weekend and see if I can see where this would go now.
When you find the spot let me know, and how you get to it. I have taken a couple attempts to locate the appropriate placement, gave up and than Foreigner came on the radio. I figured I'll wait for someone with more ambition and patience.

"I've Been Waiting"
So long I've been looking too hard,
I've waiting too long
Sometimes I don't know what I will find
I only know it's a matter of time

And hopefully you come through.

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
So it is supposed to protect the wiring from the heater duct. Just how hot does the heater get in this truck?? I live in south Louisiana and haven't had to use the heater yet.

Darthmayxj

Reaction score
So it is supposed to protect the wiring from the heater duct. Just how hot does the heater get in this truck?? I live in south Louisiana and haven't had to use the heater yet.
I thought the same thing. I’m in south Texas and have used heat like twice ever

Darthmayxj

Reaction score
I saw people saying they have found the same square on the passenger side as well so I’ll look there first and confirm if there is one stuck to the duct. Will report back later this weekend :)

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
found this too the other day lol, thought i was going crazy thinking of where it came from.

Users who are viewing this thread