5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random cabin beep after oil change

Reaction score
I did my first oil change at 5000 this past weekend. Filled with Amsoil sythetic 5W-20 and changed the drain plug to a Fumoto valve. Used an OEM Mopar oil filter.

Everything is fine and dandy, much smoother engine meaning I really needed an oil change. Oil pressure is normal, varies between 30-60 psi. No leaks.

However, I noticed two times now that about 5 minutes after startup/into a trip, there's a in-cabin beep (same beep if you put it in park). There seems to be a message that flashes on the dash, but it's gone so quick I can't see what it is.

Anyone have any idea what this might be? Might have nothing to do with the oil change, it just didn't happen until after the oil change.

I wonder if there is a way to look at a log of dash messages?

Last edited:

cotonymopar

Reaction score
probably a change oil service light, it did that on my 12... the acc then 3 pumps of the gas pedal within 10 seconds... that is how it was reset on my 12.

Rick J

Reaction score
probably a change oil service light
^^^^^
Oil Life Reset
Your vehicle is equipped with an engine oil change indicator system. The “Oil Change Required” message will display in the instrument cluster display for five seconds after a single chime has sounded, to indicate the next scheduled oil change interval. The engine oil change indicator system is duty cycle based, which means the engine oil change interval may fluctuate, dependent upon your personal driving style.
To reset the oil change indicator system (after performing the scheduled maintenance), refer to the following procedure:
1. Without pressing the brake pedal, push the ENGINE START/STOP button and place the ignition in the ON/RUN position (do not start the engine).
2. Push and release the down arrow button to scroll downward through the main menu to “Vehicle Info.”
3. Push and release the right arrow button to access the ”Oil Life” screen.
4. Push and hold the OK button to reset oil life. If conditions are met, the gauge and numeric display will update to show 100%. If conditions are not met a popup message of To reset oil life engine must be off with ignition in run will be displayed (for five seconds), and the user will remain at the Oil Life screen.
5. Push and release the up or down arrow button to exit the submenu screen.

Users who are viewing this thread