5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ranch Fusion Truck Cap

Ran4

Reaction score
Guys, I have a 2023 1500 crew with the 67" bed. I recently ordered a Ranch Fusion cap (..or 'topper' for those of you who prefer that term). Along with a few other options, I included the remote keyless entry with the frameless rear glass, and the single center latch. I've watched videos on this rear window configuration, and it apparently can be 'slammed' shut like a car door. Among other uses, I intend to build a sleeper set-up in the bed for taking the occasional snooze while traveling, and also for rough camping, etc. My question is in regard to opening the rear hatch from the inside. Since I'll have the locking mechanism tied in with my key fob, locking and unlocking the hatch from the inside shouldn't be an issue (actually, this is one of the reasons that I opted for the remote keyless entry). But, will I be able to 'open' the window hatch from the inside?? I just ordered the cap last week, so I highly doubt that its even in the pipeline yet, and I intent to call Ranch as well as the dealer I ordered it from to ask the same question. But I thought I would drop the question here, nonetheless. One would think that it would be a requirement that truck cap manufacturers provide a means to 'escape' from the inside, much like what is required by car builders regarding the trunk 'escape' latches. What say you guys?

Users who are viewing this thread