5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramcharger not available with 6-seat configuration

Aquitaine

Reaction score
Just picked up our Laramie 4x2 crew today and noticed this. The dealership didn't know and the web site didn't say anything about it, but the Level 2 Equipment Group is meant to include the "Ramcharger" wireless device charger. This only comes with the 5-passenger "giant center console" configuration. We got the 6-passenger (only a "small" console...ha!) and no charger.

This is a bit like the tow package killing the surround camera -- it's not exactly a secret but unless you know to look for it, you wouldn't know. We knew about that when we ordered but this was a surprise to the dealer, I guess because hardly anyone gets the 6-passenger configuration.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Probably not a large percentage of 6 seaters out there but good information. Thanks for passing it on.

Rtl Colorado

Reaction score
Probably more 6 seaters than you think
As it is a lower price point.
I have the 6 seater as it was on the lot
At 22% off and
I definitely think the 2019 jump seat is much improved over the 2015 I had

Aquitaine

Reaction score
Even if we're a little disappointed in losing out on the wireless charger, I actually prefer the "bench seat" to the ginormous console monster. On the Laramie trim it is > $900 to get the "bucket seat" which seems to be exactly the same seats only with the middle seat taken out and replaced with the mega-console. The bench seat/mini-console is still larger and more functional than anything on any other vehicle I've owned.

I think on the Big Horn trim the 5-seat configuration is only like $200 and we would have considered that, but at $900+ we are happier with the 6th seat!

tango1179

Reaction score
Just picked up our Laramie 4x2 crew today and noticed this. The dealership didn't know and the web site didn't say anything about it, but the Level 2 Equipment Group is meant to include the "Ramcharger" wireless device charger. This only comes with the 5-passenger "giant center console" configuration. We got the 6-passenger (only a "small" console...ha!) and no charger.

This is a bit like the tow package killing the surround camera -- it's not exactly a secret but unless you know to look for it, you wouldn't know. We knew about that when we ordered but this was a surprise to the dealer, I guess because hardly anyone gets the 6-passenger configuration.
I ordered my Laramie on 01/07/2019. The dealer was careful to point out that since I wanted the bench seat (40/20/40) that I would lose the RamCharger option. I kinda wanted the RamCharger, but I wanted bench seating more. I can't stand being hemmed in by a center console. I also got the surround view, and that meant no tow mirrors. I never tow anything anyway, so that was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread