5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramcares repair scam\fraud

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
They paint the bumper only, completely free of all trim and then bake it. I am not sure how else they would do it.
Yep.
There was nothing on or in the bumper when it was done
The label on the inside of the bumper is curled up pretty bad, and didn't light on fire though so not sure what temp that might be.

GMetal

Reaction score
Our down draft paint booths at an old shop would go to 150F. I believe the OEMs use Infrared and can reach well over 200F. We used expensive portable Infrared units for every stage of paint, primer, filler, and clear. Biggest paint problems were painting over uncured products that shrunk. Getting it to cure from the inside out using infrared helped prevent trapping solvents.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What I'm saying, is IF it was baked at high enough temperature, which since it was removed, may, or may not have, it could be fully cured. Repaints on cars, are definitely not. I actually went through corporate new car prep school, back in the day. we were taught that the factory paint was fully baked, and could be rubbed out, right out of the booth. Repaints need to wait 30 days. Therefore if this bumper was fully baked, at high temperature, PPF could be applied right away. You need to ask the body shop, how high they baked the paint.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
What I'm saying, is IF it was baked at high enough temperature, which since it was removed, may, or may not have, it could be fully cured. Repaints on cars, are definitely not. I actually went through corporate new car prep school, back in the day. we were taught that the factory paint was fully baked, and could be rubbed out, right out of the booth. Repaints need to wait 30 days. Therefore if this bumper was fully baked, at high temperature, PPF could be applied right away. You need to ask the body shop, how high they baked the paint.
This is the same body shop that tried to charge me $375 to scan for error codes before and after painting my bumper, then told me they put 9 miles on my truck (when I went out to leave) to make sure the "blind spot monitor" still worked.
I'm going to just wait.

Users who are viewing this thread