5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBoxes and Yakima Gatekeeper

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Has anyone with a truck with RamBoxes purchased the Yakima Gatekeeper? They have two sizes. The large (62 inches wide) fits full size pick ups. The tailgate is 62 inches wide but if you measure the inside of the bed to either side it is 53 inches which is the size of their medium. I suspect I would need the large but didn't know if the narrower bed impeded the Gatekeeper in any way. Thanks.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You definitely want the medium. Large won't work with ram boxes.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should be good. That's a great end gate pad. I haven't used it on the ram yet but had it on my Ford.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Should be good. That's a great end gate pad. I haven't used it on the ram yet but had it on my Ford.
Actually I just tried on my truck and I don't think it is going to work. The width is fine for the RamBoxes but the buckles for the downtube are not in the right position without sliding the gatekeeper backward. Bummer.

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Yes, maybe the larger accommodates? But too wide for the RamBoxes.

Users who are viewing this thread