5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox interior dimensions?

fsjosh

Reaction score
Can anyone give me the interior dimensions on the rambox toolboxes? I'm needing the width, depth, and height of the center section and the front and rear deeper sections. I know they are a little odd shaped, but I just need close numbers. I'm trying to figure what I can fit in there and don't have easy access to one.

Thanks

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They aren't symmetrical. I was making my own set of dividers including the floor bottom pieces.

I took a tape measure to do mine .. are you not able to?

-- if you don't have them, why are you wanting to know what to fit in there?
RAM's video shows some great samples, including the grocery bags, etc.

I have them around here somewhere (I was using my CAD program to draw the dividers). I can get approx. when I get home.

fsjosh

Reaction score
They aren't symmetrical. I was making my own set of dividers including the floor bottom pieces.

I took a tape measure to do mine .. are you not able to?

-- if you don't have them, why are you wanting to know what to fit in there?
RAM's video shows some great samples, including the grocery bags, etc.

I have them around here somewhere (I was using my CAD program to draw the dividers). I can get approx. when I get home.

I haven't bought the truck yet and my local dealer doesn't carry one with ramboxes, so I can't easily go and measure one. I'm trying to see what I can fit inside such as toolboxes and drill kits that have fixed dimensions. I'm going to be buying some new tools and don't want to buy boxes that won't fit inside the rambox if I can avoid it.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
ahhh .. SAME issue I ran into myself ..
I still bought them even knowing all the issues involved.

I've attached a couple photos from the store just a bit ago ..

Roughly 50 inches long (driver's is roughly 9 inches wide / passenger is roughly 11 inches wide) - I'm guessing everyone's may be a bit different due to the shotty manufacturing issues.

I'll grab my tape measure and edit to post up the depths in a moment.

Tim N

Attachments

• RamBox 1.jpg
    RamBox 1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 111
  • RamBox 2.jpg
    RamBox 2.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 106

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
as you can see, they are not symmetrical :(
makes it difficult to create simple horizontal dividers for the front and rear flat areas.
I made a couple cardboard versions and am trying to locate someone local to see if they are same or if each rambox is a bit different. I've only seen one other 5th gen, but was not able to put my template in place .. dimensions are different between 5th and 4th.

dadker

Reaction score
Thanks for the measurements. I’m trying to find an air compressor on line that will fit and I’m not near the Wagon right now. This helps!!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Wow. I have the Rambox option, and hadn't even noticed the passenger and driver side differences. I just filled them with "stuff" LOL...I have a tool box that was just barely too big to fit in the passenger side box. Now I'm gonna have to see if it will fit in the (apparently) larger driver side box when I get home from work.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the measurements. I’m trying to find an air compressor on line that will fit and I’m not near the Wagon right now. This helps!!
Yep... I decided to unplug the sub on the way home today and sure enough, mine is also a single voice coil sub. This explains the difference... and is really good for those wanting to add the aftermarket sub without any issues with the ANC. And with the sub disconnected, I was able to crank up the bass to +7 and the midbass came to life and the boominess was gone. Wow what a difference. Thanks for helping me figure that out.
Wow. I have the Rambox option, and hadn't even noticed the passenger and driver side differences. I just filled them with "stuff" LOL...I have a tool box that was just barely too big to fit in the passenger side box. Now I'm gonna have to see if it will fit in the (apparently) larger driver side box when I get home from work.

I'm hoping someone can also give rough of theirs as well .. I'd hate to think that they warp after being in the truck for x-number of months .. making everyone's different :(

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can also give rough of theirs as well .. I'd hate to think that they warp after being in the truck for x-number of months .. making everyone's different :(
I'll try to remember to measure mine when I get home. No promises though. I'm getting forgetful in my old age. ;)

jan_riefkohl

Reaction score
Hi, did you ever find a compressor that fits. Thinking of doing the same thing.

EcodieselDave

Reaction score
I know this is an old post Hope same Guy's see this. I had NO idea pass & drivers side had Different Rambox Toolbox Dimensions.
My 2016 Eco Diesel limited 2020 Limited & now 2023 elite Off road Limted all have ramboxes I love them!!
My question is did any of ya figure out what size Long Rectangular Box would fit & allow Side box to Close !
They still have that Metal LID LATCH STRIKER like a sedan trunk uses. Engineers could hide that inside I guess 🤔

With that metal Bar /latch sticking in 2"s + it wastes all bed panel side space all along & I cannot fit my long Plastic Fishing pole case or firearm case in the box.
Plastic grocery bags no problem

so I'm wondering if anyone figured out what the max size Box [=======] would lay inside allow the RamBox to still close Latch

Thanks

sorry never really used a forum before

Nothing online BUT THE ACTUAL TRUCK BEDS DIMENSIONS

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I know this is an old post Hope same Guy's see this. I had NO idea pass & drivers side had Different Rambox Toolbox Dimensions.
My 2016 Eco Diesel limited 2020 Limited & now 2023 elite Off road Limted all have ramboxes I love them!!
My question is did any of ya figure out what size Long Rectangular Box would fit & allow Side box to Close !
They still have that Metal LID LATCH STRIKER like a sedan trunk uses. Engineers could hide that inside I guess 🤔

With that metal Bar /latch sticking in 2"s + it wastes all bed panel side space all along & I cannot fit my long Plastic Fishing pole case or firearm case in the box.
Plastic grocery bags no problem

so I'm wondering if anyone figured out what the max size Box [=======] would lay inside allow the RamBox to still close Latch

Thanks

sorry never really used a forum before

Nothing online BUT THE ACTUAL TRUCK BEDS DIMENSIONS
Could check these out.
I am able to fit my rifles on these, but not in a case.

I saw a bunch of custom made things with hooks too.

Users who are viewing this thread