5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox Freezing

RockJock

Reaction score
I've been dealing with the tailgate freezing shut on my Denali lately. It got me wondering if anyone has had issues with Rambox freezing and not being able to open it? I'm hoping not since it's waterproof and really shouldn't let any water get between the lid and box side. Rambox is on my list of must haves when I order :)

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
In a freezing and wet situation mine aren't exactly popping up after the button is pushed, but they have never frozen shut yet (only a few cold months so far). Just push them up to free up whatever bit of ice may be on the seal.

TimG

Reaction score
And a little preventative action by applying a small amount of a silicon based lubricant to the seals will help. I used to do this to my old trucks ramboxes in Montana and never had an issue, even at 40 below zero.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
And a little preventative action by applying a small amount of a silicon based lubricant to the seals will help. I used to do this to my old trucks ramboxes in Montana and never had an issue, even at 40 below zero.

Good advice!

Users who are viewing this thread