5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox Closed Surface Weight Capacity

Limbeck

Reaction score
Hello,
This may have been addressed in another post but are there any weight restrictions to the top of the RamBox door portion when it is closed. More specifically is it okay to sit on it like a normal truck bed side? Or are there restrictions that I just can’t find online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello,
This may have been addressed in another post but are there any weight restrictions to the top of the RamBox door portion when it is closed. More specifically is it okay to sit on it like a normal truck bed side? Or are there restrictions that I just can’t find online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the manual says is:
"Loads applied to the top of the bin lid should be minimized to prevent damage to the lid and latching/ hinging mechanisms."

If you open up a DS Rambox you will quickly see that the new DT design is much lighter, i.e. less substantial. I've gingerly sat on mine but I don't want to think what the latch or mechanism would look like if three cowboys say on one lid.

Users who are viewing this thread