5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox and Cab Protector Rack

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
I've been searching for a cab protector rack that I could mount a couple off roads lights to. I ordered a 1500 with Ramboxes, haven't received it yet so hopefully current owners can chime in.

Can the Mopar Cab Protector Rack be mounted to a bed with Ramboxes? The base looks pretty narrow, like it wouldn't interfere with the Rambox opening and closing but per Mopar it is not compatible. Is it just a matter of drilling holes?

Part available here:

Xhumeka

Reaction score
Did you end up finding an answer to this, or finding a similar product compatible with RamBox models? Let me know, thanks!

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
Did you end up finding an answer to this, or finding a similar product compatible with RamBox models? Let me know, thanks!

So far no. I ordered my truck in November but it's still build status at the factory. Once I actually have it I can take measurements and figure something out.

jmm532

Reaction score
Just wondering if ever you had found a back rack that would work with the Ramboxes, or if you discovered a way to modify the Mopar back rack to fit?

Snicklefritz_76

Reaction score
Just wondering if ever you had found a back rack that would work with the Ramboxes, or if you discovered a way to modify the Mopar back rack to fit?

After taking measurements it appears none of the available ones will work. Unless I fabricate my own rack it looks like it's a no-go.

Users who are viewing this thread