5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox and 22" Tire Back Order

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
I went to order my new RAM 1500 Limited today and the dealer told me that Ramboxes and the 22" Rims on on backorder and that my order will most likely take 3 months. He said it was a supplier issues. Has anyone else heard this or can @BobbiBigWheels confirm?

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just reordered mine, dropped the Ramboxes cause they aren't available to order(my original order was in July-no movement from that point on). Same with the etorque hemi on the Rebel. Can't order one yet in Canada.

anthtony

Reaction score
I went to order my new RAM 1500 Limited today and the dealer told me that Ramboxes and the 22" Rims on on backorder and that my order will most likely take 3 months. He said it was a supplier issues. Has anyone else heard this or can @BobbiBigWheels confirm?
I put an order in for a Limited with 22" wheels on 8/30. Ram Customer Service just told me my order went to "D1", which means all parts have been located and build will soon begin. I suppose I will know more in the next week or so.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
I put an order in for a Limited with 22" wheels on 8/30. Ram Customer Service just told me my order went to "D1", which means all parts have been located and build will soon begin. I suppose I will know more in the next week or so.
That is great news. I just ordered mine yesterday. Dealer said Ramboxes and 22" wheels were backordered and to expect 3 months. I have no idea. Let me know how yours go so I might have help.

anthtony

Reaction score
That is great news. I just ordered mine yesterday. Dealer said Ramboxes and 22" wheels were backordered and to expect 3 months. I have no idea. Let me know how yours go so I might have help.
Where was he getting that info? Was he just trying to sell you something on his lot instead of ordering perhaps? I know Rambox production seems to have finally gotten on track (I didn’t order Rambox, but have been following the discussions related to delays).

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Where was he getting that info? Was he just trying to sell you something on his lot instead of ordering perhaps? I know Rambox production seems to have finally gotten on track (I didn’t order Rambox, but have been following the discussions related to delays).
No, there was nothing on the lot, he said he was just being honest with me on delivery date.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rambox production is ramping up. Mine went D1 to KZ (built, inspected, ready to ship) in 16 days. All Rambox trucks were delayed previously due to supplier issues. Mine delayed 6 weeks during his time. I'd estimate 6-8 weeks on new orders but that should continue to improve.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Rambox production is ramping up. Mine went D1 to KZ (built, inspected, ready to ship) in 16 days. All Rambox trucks were delayed previously due to supplier issues. Mine delayed 6 weeks during his time. I'd estimate 6-8 weeks on new orders but that should continue to improve.

Thanks for the great update. Excited for you.

Kaz

Reaction score

Customer Service / Customer Care is worthless... no one knows what anyone is doing at FCA in terms of Ram truck production... its a complete crap shoot and luck of the draw if your truck gets built or not.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
I put my order with ram box and w/o 22s on 9/4 no problem. Salesmen told me 8- 12 weeks but take that with a grain of salt

Kaz

Reaction score
I put my order with ram box and w/o 22s on 9/4 no problem. Salesmen told me 8- 12 weeks but take that with a grain of salt
Salesmen say lots of things...

When I ordered my wife's truck nothing was on delay; RamBox and eT were late availability, but not an issue. Went D1 on 7/1 when those late availability items went into production. And I've never had a restriction listed on our POC... still hasn't been built.

Users who are viewing this thread