5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAMBAR install, tonneau cover fitting questions!!

Reaction score
I have been going back and fourth on getting the RamBar for my Sport, sometimes pictures of it look funny and other pictures it looks good. It also for me, depends on the look of the vehicle itself. I think the the RamBar will be nice on the Pearl Blue especially with the lift and 35s on it. Anyhow I found one for $650CDN ($520USD) and I think that is a fair price, the seller purchased to put it on the DS models but found out it doesn’t work unless you have a 6’4”box and not 5’7” because of bed taper.

Anyhow I have some questions

- I am seeing different installations, some of the picture I have seen they were bolted in from the top (from people removing them from TRX) and then I see ones that are installed with 1 bar in the stake pocket and 2 bolts on the inside of the bed. Why is this? I do see AC part has replaced the original part number and the AB part number. I don’t see this talked about on here at all.

- Will the BakFlip MX4 work with the RamBar with minor modifications? Some of the limited information I have found it seems like it can be done. There is many pictures of the cover flipped up, can anyone supply a picture of the BakFlip MX4 and RamBar installed with the cover open? Want to see how much open bed space is lost. My cover is for the DS style, so I think the cover is a little different in width. I think the DS is narrow so this might work out even better.

- How much higher is the RamBar over the Shark Fin? Will you still fit in car washes?

I don’t care about drilling into my truck rails on the inside as you will not see them if you remove this thing. But man it would such doing it from the top like some of the pictures I seen. You’d need to replace the plastic cab to make it look normal.

Users who are viewing this thread