5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram1500 limited 2021, trailer tow group and black power folding trailer tow mirrors

Lmtd

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking to buy Ram1500 Limited 2021 night edition and have a question.

Truck has “trailer tow group” and “black power folding trailer tow mirrors”, do I still loose the 360° surround camera?

Thank you!

crediblehulk

Reaction score
Not necessarily. Look for "Surround–View Camera" on the window sticker and that means it has the 4 cameras: front, both side mirrors, and rear. I have power folding trailer tow mirrors on my 2021 Ram 1500 limited and it has all 4 cameras I mentioned. I don't know if the cameras will be there if the sticker doesn't show the Surround–View Camera feature.

DevinB

Reaction score
Used to be you couldn't get those cameras with the tow mirrors. for 2021 you can, as crediblehulk confirms above. To get the Surround View Camera system, look for either the Limited Level 1 Equipment Group package...or the Advanced Safety Group package on the window sticker. Either of those two packages includes the surround-view camera system. See screenshot below from main ram website on 2/16/2021 for the Limited trim:

1613547971718.png

86grand

Reaction score
2019 and 2020 lost 360 camera with tow group. The 2021 is a different tow package and as long as you originally had 360, the tow mirrors won't delete that option.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got the Power folding tow mirrors with 360º cameras on my 2021 Laramie. They
have Puddle Lights and a LED light that points directly rearward to light up the
side of the truck. However you need to have the truck in reverse and the cargo light
on to have them come on. I would have prefered to just have them come on when
reversing. Maybe AlphaOBD could correct this?

Malodave

Last edited:

HAL9001

Reaction score
I have the Trailer Tow Mirrors and the Trailer Tow Group options on my 2021 Limited and it came with the 360° surround camera. You should be good to go.

However, I did notice that the RAM website has recently changed the build options for the Limited. If you choose the Trailer-Tow Group, you cannot get it with the eTorque option. I don't know if this is a bug on the website or not as it makes no sense to me. My Limited has both the Trailer-Tow Group and the eTorque option. I don't see why they would be mutually exclusive.

1613567809908.png

Arth

Reaction score
I have the Trailer Tow Mirrors and the Trailer Tow Group options on my 2021 Limited and it came with the 360° surround camera. You should be good to go.

However, I did notice that the RAM website has recently changed the build options for the Limited. If you choose the Trailer-Tow Group, you cannot get it with the eTorque option. I don't know if this is a bug on the website or not as it makes no sense to me. My Limited has both the Trailer-Tow Group and the eTorque option. I don't see why they would be mutually exclusive.

View attachment 83077

That's interesting.

I am in the process of adding tow mirrors to my 2021. Mirrors should be here today, should be fun.

Lmtd

Reaction score
Thank you very much everyone!
I’m glad I will still have those cameras😃

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score

View attachment 83077
That's so weird. I have Trailer-Tow Group and E-torque on my 2021 Limited. USA build too

Arth

Reaction score
Well if anyone wants to add the power folding tow mirrors with the 360 camera option it can be done. I had the regular power folding mirrors with all matching options on my limited. The tow mirrors bolted right up without issue. I am in the process of adding the running light and reverse light options.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My ordered '21 Limited I got yesterday has the Trailer-Tow Group, Chrome Power-Fold Trailer-Tow Mirrors, Limited Level 1 Equipment Group (Includes Surround-View [360 Degree] Camera), and it's an EcoDiesel; among other stuff (see signature). I have the same mirror housing on our '20 2500 Big Horn but it doesn't have the cameras. Also, the Mirror is mounted differently, seems higher. These new mirrors on my 1500 are Huge Blindspots I noticed. If you get them, be aware of it. I flipped them up to see if it made a difference, made it worse. 😅

TP6.jpg TP19.jpg TP20.jpg

Last edited:

Lmtd

Reaction score
My ordered '21 Limited I got yesterday has the Trailer-Tow Group, Chrome Power-Fold Trailer-Tow Mirrors, Limited Level 1 Equipment Group (Includes Surround-View [360 Degree] Camera), and it's an EcoDiesel; among other stuff (see signature). I have the same mirror housing on our '20 2500 Big Horn but it doesn't have the cameras. Also, the Mirror is mounted differently, seems higher. These new mirrors on my 1500 are Huge Blindspots I noticed. If you get them, be aware of it. I flipped them up to see if it made a difference, made it worse. 😅

View attachment 83474 View attachment 83476 View attachment 83477
Thank you for the reply! Your truck look great🔥

thewdb

Reaction score

View attachment 83077

I just did a build tonight on the website, and it allowed eTorque with the tow package. Odd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JBlock2020

Reaction score
Does anyone know what part number i would need to order for chrome tow mirrors for my 2020 Limited and do you think it would be a simple bolt on as we already have the 360 cameras etc.?

I'm in Australia with a RH drive ASV remanufacture (factory conversion).

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread