5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM1500 5.7 Coolant Temperature 226F

Azhar

Reaction score
T
What are you showing me here?
his is the max coolant temperature for classic RAM1500 2019 5.7L, 96-98 Celsius only !! While for same engine usen in 5th generation it is 10 degrees more and reach to 108 Celsius until the fan kicks on .

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
T

his is the max coolant temperature for classic RAM1500 2019 5.7L, 96-98 Celsius only !! While for same engine usen in 5th generation it is 10 degrees more and reach to 108 Celsius until the fan kicks on .

Oh gotcha. Same engine, but probably different tuning and emissions requirements, hence the higher temps. The days of 190F thermostats being the norm is gone.

Evoking1230

Reaction score
I definitely have a problem. I'm thinking relay. Fan comes on at 228/230 and doesn't go off until I shut the ignition off. Yesterday she spiked to 235, today to 241.

Thermostat?

No leaks. Coolant overflow is at recommended level.

Ayyy

Either way she's going to the dealer tomorrow.

Evoking1230

Reaction score
Well that explains everything. Didn't even make it to the appointment this morning.

Started her up and noticed she was leaking coolant. Looks like lower inlet of water pump by the hose connection.

Ugghh. Just gonna tow it to the dealer. 😑

Oldphart

Reaction score
The mechanical thermostat control only the low temperature, so it has nothing with the maximum temperature

t
Wrong. The t-stat rating is when it is supposed to start opening. If the t-stat is sticking, you will not be getting proper circulation and the temps will run above whatever is considered normal.

SueHarada

Reaction score
Phooey! Mopar coolant is Prestone with blue food coloring.. I always flush out the OEM swill for my 100% concentrated coolant, no mix, straight coolant. Never! zero, issues. I was looking for an extra set of hoses, (just in case) OMG! cant find any other than MOPAR, have to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for it.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Phooey! Mopar coolant is Prestone with blue food coloring.. I always flush out the OEM swill for my 100% concentrated coolant, no mix, straight coolant. Never! zero, issues. I was looking for an extra set of hoses, (just in case) OMG! cant find any other than MOPAR, have to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay for it.
Using straight coolant without diluting is a horrible idea - I hope you are kidding.

U

User_3336

You are quite the exaggerator! the Mopar PURPLE coolant isn't really any more expensive than any other. I'll spot you a loan.

Pre-Diluted Anti-Freeze Coolant Mopar Part #: 68163849AB $16.99
68163848AB Concentrate $23.95

And like another user said, I sure hope you are not serious when you say you are using this concentrated in your truck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread