5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram warranty void

philipjackson

Reaction score
I stopped at my local shop that lifted my previous Silverado to get a price on either a 2” level kit or a 3.5 lift and also an exhaust. He told me I need to check with the dealership because Ram isn’t like Chevy they’ll void the warranty after the first service visit.

Is this the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Void the complete warranty? No, but void on certain suspension parts you change or modify, very likely. If you come in with a OEM ball joint issue down the line after a lift, you can expect no warranty.

If you radio fails or you get Hemi tick, you will of course still be covered.

Last edited:

philipjackson

Reaction score
Void the complete warranty? No, but void on certain suspension parts you change or modify, very likely. If you come in with a OEM ball joint issue down the line after a lift, you can except no warranty.

If you radio fails or you get Hemi tick, you will of course still be covered.

Ok thanks. I ask if it would just be on the parts changed or a total warranty void and he said total. He also said the exhaust will be a big issue with them.

GATORB8

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I ask if it would just be on the parts changed or a total warranty void and he said total. He also said the exhaust will be a big issue with them.

Mopar also has a cat back.

unless your local dealer is just a **** and tries to get out of warranty work.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mopar lift installed by a dealership should give you absolutely no issues with warranty claims. If you install something else they can void the warranty for the parts used or swapped for your lift and anything they can reasonably prove caused damage by the lift.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I live in California and I had my stock muffler cut and an aftermarket one welded in. If that's fine here, it should be fine where you live. The service advisor said specifically that the only thing we can't touch on the exhaust is the catalytic converter, since it's warrantied for 7 years in CARB states, they will void the warranty on the catalytic converter if you weld to it.

But a full exhaust from the cat back or a simply muffler change won't effect the warranty. This of course voids the warranty on the piping we modified.

The intake is where you may get into some issue on the drivetrain side. They can claim some engine issues if the metering is off and you throw codes due to an aftermarket intake. I highly recommend if you go that route, you go with the factory Mopar one. But for exhaust and suspension, you can go any route you want and still stay under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread