5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram vs semi truck crash.

jastevenson

Reaction score
21231893_G.jpeg

Ram did more damage to the semi than I would have expected.

Passenger cabin of the Ram looks impressively intact too. Driver did not survive though, so I suspect either unbelted driver or a direct head on collision that reduced cabin intrusion but resulted in ultra-high deceleration forces given the difference in mass.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes Ram looks to have done pretty well. That said had to be going pretty fast in what looks like a low speed area with no painted lanes.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
oooof sorry to hear there was a casualty. If there is a silver lining it is Ram did well...I wonder sometimes if the airbags can cause a casualty with enough force to the chest and suffer a heart tear. My mom was in a tbone rollover accident...needed jaws of life and every airbag except the front went off. She sits very close to the steering wheel...that likely saved her life...that and OnStar calling her and sending help.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
He was flying, I'm thinking no seatbelt too, steering wheel is bent forward.

Sparks Police are investigating a deadly crash involving a semi-truck and a pickup truck near Greg Street and Hulda Way.

The crash happened just before 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, off of Sparks Blvd.

Police say the driver of the Dodge pickup truck was going west on E. Greg Street towards Hulda Way. Witnesses say the truck was speeding when it went through the landscaping and hit the FedEx semi-truck that was at the stop sign at Hulda Way.

The driver of the Dodge truck died. He was a 62-year-old Sparks resident. Crews took the driver and passenger of the semi-truck to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

The investigation is active. If you witnessed the crash or have any information, call Sparks Police at (775) 353-2231 or Secret Witness at 775-322-4900.

Hulda Way. and Greg Street were temporarily closed but are back open.

3CCKK3YPGFFYHLFNMTKMH4ACVA.jpg

PARKS, Nev. (News 4 & Fox 11) — A man from Sparks died Wednesday after Sparks police, fire and paramedic responders arrived to a crash on Greg Street at 9:24 a.m.

A 62-year-old driver of a Dodge truck was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries where he later died.

Sparks Police say the male driver was driving fast as he veered off the road into landscaping before hitting a semi truck stopped at a stop sign on Hulda Way waiting to exit onto E. Greg Street.

The semi truck driver and their passenger were also transported to the hospital with injuries that were not life threatening.

385c3e42-c0f4-4ea4-891d-7bbb36673910-medium16x9_Sparksdeadlycrash0818212.jpg

Sparks Police and other first responders attended to a deadly crash Wednesday morning. (Photo courtesy of Sparks Firefighters union)

SPD told us members of the Major Accident Investigation Team (M.A.I.T.) responded to the scene and took over the investigation, which remains active. They ask the public for assistance in speaking with anyone that may have witnessed the crash or has any information about the crash.

Anyone with information regarding this case is encouraged to contact the Sparks Police Department or Secret Witness.

f782efbf-3212-43b0-ac65-2b6f949dbe7a-jumbo16x9_Sparksdeadlycrash0818211.jpg

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I used to drive tow trucks back in the day and I saw many many horrible accidents. That 6k pound pickup pushed a 20k pound tractor several feet. According the article BowDown posted, the guy driving the ram was 67 years old and came across the landscaping at a high rate of speed. I'm willing to bet the guy tensed up while having a heart attack flooring the gas pedal. That's a lot of damage to the tractor

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely looks like he wasn’t wearinga seat belt. The windshield is pushed outward, so he flew forward far enough to hit it with his head.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
21231893_G.jpeg

Ram did more damage to the semi than I would have expected.

Passenger cabin of the Ram looks impressively intact too. Driver did not survive though, so I suspect either unbelted driver or a direct head on collision that reduced cabin intrusion but resulted in ultra-high deceleration forces given the difference in mass.

God Bless his family, We can replace trucks, but not our family members.

Cocheese

Reaction score
I think he was wearing a seatbelt. See that circled area. That looks like pre-tensioner deployment to me. 1648161979510.png

Users who are viewing this thread