5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Trucks Finish Second In U.S Sales For 2021!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram Trucks Finish Second In U.S Sales For 2021!​

Ram Takes Second Spot Place Back From Chevrolets Silverado...​

1641959697539.png

With another year in the books, it's time to take a look at how Ram fared in the hotly contested full-sized pickup market. Recently Ram and Chevrolet have been battling it out for the second place position, with Ram taking the second-place spot in 2019 for the first time, while Chevrolet took the spot back in 2020.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They didn't finish second though. GM is first, Ford is second, Ram is third. This is just playing with statistics until the numbers say what we want them to say.

Chevy and GMC are the same trucks, the differences are as minor as the differences in trim between rebel and bighorn (for example).

Fatherof3

Reaction score
They didn't finish second though. GM is first, Ford is second, Ram is third. This is just playing with statistics until the numbers say what we want them to say.

Chevy and GMC are the same trucks, the differences are as minor as the differences in trim between rebel and bighorn (for example).
I’ve often said that GM should combine the sales of the Chevy and GMC , why they don’t is beyond me .

Redfour5

Reaction score
I’ve often said that GM should combine the sales of the Chevy and GMC , why they don’t is beyond me .
Watch If they go a couple of years with Chevy in second, they will do that. I think they liked being "first" but having two "clone" brands doing the job.

silver billet

Reaction score

It's actually Ford that's the problem. They refuse to separate F150 from F250/F350 and just reports sales as "F Series". Ram and GM break out the numbers, so we need to combine everything to make a fair comparison.

But even if Ford did show just F150, I have no doubt that GM 1500 would still be greater. And what's really impressive is that GM came in first place with a 3rd place interior and ride quality. We all know Ram is undervalued (reputation issues) but Ford even redesigned their truck last year and that wasn't enough to beat GM which has some very obvious rough spots.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
It's actually Ford that's the problem. They refuse to separate F150 from F250/F350 and just reports sales as "F Series". Ram and GM break out the numbers, so we need to combine everything to make a fair comparison.

But even if Ford did show just F150, I have no doubt that GM 1500 would still be greater. And what's really impressive is that GM came in first place with a 3rd place interior and ride quality. We all know Ram is undervalued (reputation issues) but Ford even redesigned their truck last year and that wasn't enough to beat GM which has some very obvious rough spots.
That is not correct. The article states that all manufacturers are counting 1/2 ton and heavy duty trucks.
"Ram is currently running a three-truck strategy, Ram 1500 Classic, all-new Ram 1500 DT, and Ram Heavy Duty, while other manufacturers are running a single half-ton line along with their heavy-duty lines."

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yep...

silver billet

Reaction score
That is not correct. The article states that all manufacturers are counting 1/2 ton and heavy duty trucks.
"Ram is currently running a three-truck strategy, Ram 1500 Classic, all-new Ram 1500 DT, and Ram Heavy Duty, while other manufacturers are running a single half-ton line along with their heavy-duty lines."

Then things have changed since as of last year both Ram and GM separated them, as you can see for example here:

Broketoe

Reaction score
Yes sir.. my purchase was one ram laramie 2021 .traded my 05 140 k drive in heavy snow rwd..no more this 2021 will climb a wall.the 5.7 hemi funny car.this truck is badass ..s& b cai and flomaster and duraliner..luv it just hit 35 hundred miles..

Users who are viewing this thread