5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram truck marked up Over 5K above MSRP.......

Tomo366

Reaction score
I have been looking for a RAM 1500 Eco Diesel for awhile........I found one I like at KOONS that is very close to what I want, haven’t spoken to them yet the MSRP on the Truck is $76755 I noticed yesterday it was on Facebook for 80255......then today 81255.....and I thought this site endorsed KOONS in Virginia this is crazy marking up the vehicle near 6K when last month most I saw advertised with 6-8 K under List WTF

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a sellers market on vehicles right now.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

captainzombie

Reaction score
The last few days here in Illinois at some of the dealers websites that I have looked at, they are only giving a $500-$1000 dealer discount off of MSRP. The discounts since I bought mine a month ago have even further shrunk, then add that the 0%/72 mths ended weeks ago.

Saints

Reaction score
I have been looking for a RAM 1500 Eco Diesel for awhile........I found one I like at KOONS that is very close to what I want, haven’t spoken to them yet the MSRP on the Truck is $76755 I noticed yesterday it was on Facebook for 80255......then today 81255.....and I thought this site endorsed KOONS in Virginia this is crazy marking up the vehicle near 6K when last month most I saw advertised with 6-8 K under List WTF
It’s not a good market to buy. I went to look at a Palisade for the wife. I asked if they had any incentives going on and the guy said no and there was a $5k addendum to the MSRP. That’s insane. So anyone willing to purchase that vehicle will automatically be $10k upside down considering that you could normally get at least $5k off purchase price. No thanks

GFK51

Reaction score
Stay away from Koons, they will charge you twice for destination fees, their dealer processing fees are $899 and the finance department is a horror show.

Tomo366

Reaction score
Stay away from Koons, they will charge you twice for destination fees, their dealer processing fees are $899 and the finance department is a horror show.
Thanks...... Couldn't believe what I am seeing....

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
You have to know your market. And now is a poor time to buy a vehicle. Great time to sell one though.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As was said, sellers market. Dealers cannot get inventory so they are going to be stingy on discounts.

Plus side is that used truck values are way up.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
My local dealerships are selling all of their trucks at MSRP, and some models are even getting the $1250 national retail consumer cash bonus. So far I haven't seen any that were being sold over MSRP here, including TRX's.

Nova90

Reaction score
Stay away from Koons. They may be a supporting site vendor, but that doesn't imply they are doing you any favors. I've heard that their prices were good years ago, but they no longer offer anything special.

MBDC

Reaction score
I just bought mine 4 weeks ago. No issues with a crazy markup. Drove out to Ft Worth to get it.

Howie Dub

Reaction score
I bought mine towards the end of April from Aaron at Mark Dodge. Got $10,750 off $77,985 MSRP, which included all discounts. Guys in the MSRP thread said I could have gotten a better deal, but it was a good enough deal for me given that I couldn't find a truck that had the options I wanted around here and the closest dealer (Towbin Dodge in Vegas) that had a truck I wanted bait and switched on me, said the truck was sold, then gave a price $7k higher than the advertised price. Looking at Mark Dodge's website today, their discounts are much lower than when I bought and they don't have a Limited EcoDiesel. How good of a deal I got is all relative and I'm glad I didn't wait. Also something to note, it appears base price has gone up since February. Not sure if it's across the board, but on the Limiteds, it went up $1,600. They were $59,550 on a Feb build I saw, climbed to $60,150, then $60,650, and now on Ram's website, it's $61,150.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought mine towards the end of April from Aaron at Mark Dodge. Got $10,750 off $77,985 MSRP, which included all discounts. Guys in the MSRP thread said I could have gotten a better deal, but it was a good enough deal for me given that I couldn't find a truck that had the options I wanted around here and the closest dealer (Towbin Dodge in Vegas) that had a truck I wanted bait and switched on me, said the truck was sold, then gave a price $7k higher than the advertised price. Looking at Mark Dodge's website today, their discounts are much lower than when I bought and they don't have a Limited EcoDiesel. How good of a deal I got is all relative and I'm glad I didn't wait. Also something to note, it appears base price has gone up since February. Not sure if it's across the board, but on the Limiteds, it went up $1,600. They were $59,550 on a Feb build I saw, climbed to $60,150, then $60,650, and now on Ram's website, it's $61,150.

Everyone on the HD site is still getting ~11% off from Mark Dodge, LA on 2022 orders. Aaron is gone but there's a new gal Sandi there taking all the orders.

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Everyone on the HD site is still getting ~11% off from Mark Dodge, LA on 2022 orders. Aaron is gone but there's a new gal Sandi there taking all the orders.
Gone as in on vacation or left the dealership? I just touched base with him on Tuesday for my registration paperwork. Did he just leave?

Nova90

Reaction score
Gone as in on vacation or left the dealership? I just touched base with him on Tuesday for my registration paperwork. Did he just leave?
I emailed him the other day to check on my arrival date at the dealership and heard nothing back from him in over a week....which is not very typical. Hoping he didn't leave.

Nova90

Reaction score
I just called Mark Dodge asking to check the status of my order with Aaron & they put me thru to his voicemail. I assume he is still there....maybe still on vacation?

Howie Dub

Reaction score
I just called Mark Dodge asking to check the status of my order with Aaron & they put me thru to his voicemail. I assume he is still there....maybe still on vacation?
He did say he was on "vacation" where he was in and out and just going in when he wanted, but just to check in on things.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Likewise, I just recommended someone to them for a 1500 and they told me they got quoted a dealer discount of around 13.5% before rebates. Still seems very healthy to me, that was their dealer discount in March when I ordered.

Nova90

Reaction score
He did say he was on "vacation" where he was in and out and just going in when he wanted, but just to check in on things.
Yes, I heard from him today. Unfortunately, my Rebel still hasn't shipped yet. It's in shipping status but it isn't showing any ETA to Mark Dodge yet. The body vendor spray in liner & running boards really slowed this one down!

Users who are viewing this thread