5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram success continues.

timtlu

Reaction score

Also, promising news for those who didn't grab June incentives and are waiting for a return.

"It's not all good news for FCA, as inventory levels are higher than they should be," Jeremy Acevedo, senior manager of insights at Edmunds, said in a statement ahead of earnings. "FCA is getting away with not spending as much on incentives right now thanks to strong new truck sales, but as we progress further into the year they're really going to need to step it up in order to start moving everything else off dealer lots."

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Also, promising news for those who didn't grab June incentives and are waiting for a return.

"It's not all good news for FCA, as inventory levels are higher than they should be," Jeremy Acevedo, senior manager of insights at Edmunds, said in a statement ahead of earnings. "FCA is getting away with not spending as much on incentives right now thanks to strong new truck sales, but as we progress further into the year they're really going to need to step it up in order to start moving everything else off dealer lots."

Maybe I'm mis-reading this but it sounds to me like they are advocating extra incentives for everything except trucks?

timtlu

Reaction score
Maybe I'm mis-reading this but it sounds to me like they are advocating extra incentives for everything except trucks?
It doesn't really specify. I read it as across the board. Even though truck sales are strong there is still alot of inventory on lots. Time will tell, I guess.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sometimes dealers collectively will order stock in anticipation for a planned corporate financed sales event.
Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 018992 miles.

Rustydodge

Reaction score

That's funny, cause supposedly Manley stated Ram may be under inventoried, and FCA has lowered inventory levels by 100k

Ram incentive spending averaged around 6k and increased 8% vs 2018 which isn't too crazy considering ATP also rose 8% to over $50k. Sounds like Q3 should be more of the same.

cipherbreak

Reaction score
My understanding is that, as trucks continue to be strong performers, FCA should offer incentives to move the other vehicles that are sitting on the lots.

RAM should have brought the Dakota back already. Trucks are selling very well across the board. I know FCA has the Gladiator but they need a more traditional midsize truck to compete with the road trims of the Tacoma, Ranger, and Colorado/Canyon now!

Last edited:

Rustydodge

Reaction score
My understanding is that, as trucks continue to be strong performers, FCA should offer incentives to move the other vehicles that are sitting on the lots.

RAM should have brought the Dakota back already. Trucks are selling very well across the board. I know FCA has the Gladiator but they need a more traditional midsize truck to compete with the road trims of the Tacoma, Ranger, and Colorado/Canyon now!

I don't really want trucks to float the other FCA offerings or brands, but Ram and Jeep are already in some ways.

It would be hard to sell a Dakota when there is a Ram classic on the lot for same or less money for more truck. If dakota comes back it would have to be after 2022 (when classic is gone) or as a smaller than midsize offering to fill a different void in the market.

BlckDT

Reaction score
It would be hard to sell a Dakota when there is a Ram classic on the lot for same or less money for more truck. If dakota comes back it would have to be after 2022 (when classic is gone) or as a smaller than midsize offering to fill a different void in the market.

Dakota (or variant named differently) is already slated for a return. The Jeep Gladiator production line was designed for both Gladiator and upcoming Dakota (or variant named differently). I'm sure we will see something next year as the midsize pickup market starts to heat up.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
Dakota (or variant named differently) is already slated for a return. The Jeep Gladiator production line was designed for both Gladiator and upcoming Dakota (or variant named differently). I'm sure we will see something next year as the midsize pickup market starts to heat up.

I think, and could be wrong, that the auto publications have a misconception of FCA plans regarding the dakota. No FCA focused sites (including moparinsiders or allpar) seem to suggest the gladiator platform will be used for an upcoming dakota.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm hoping it is based on the Gladiator and not the Fiat car based platform I've also heard speculated. I don't see why they would not use the Jeep, the frame and powertrain are their, but I think the Body would need to be completely different for a Ram.

BlckDT

Reaction score
I think, and could be wrong, that the auto publications have a misconception of FCA plans regarding the dakota. No FCA focused sites (including moparinsiders or allpar) seem to suggest the gladiator platform will be used for an upcoming dakota.

The Gladiator production line is tooled to produce the new Ram Dakota/Midsize truck. It will not use the Gladiator "platform" or share the "platform". I do agree there are misconceptions on various sites regarding the vehicle itself, but it is done that the new Ram Dakota/Midsize truck will be produced in Toledo alongside the Gladiator.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Gladiator production line is tooled to produce the new Ram Dakota/Midsize truck. It will not use the Gladiator "platform" or share the "platform". I do agree there are misconceptions on various sites regarding the vehicle itself, but it is done that the new Ram Dakota/Midsize truck will be produced in Toledo alongside the Gladiator.
Okay, just for clarity: the new Dakota, although built on the same line with the same tooling, will NOT utilize common platform structure components (frame, sheet metal, suspensions, etc.)?

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 019027 miles.

BlckDT

Reaction score
Okay, just for clarity: the new Dakota, although built on the same line with the same tooling, will NOT utilize common platform structure components (frame, sheet metal, suspensions, etc.)?

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 019027 miles.

Most likely it could share SOME platform components. Take for instance the rear platform of the Gladiator shares suspension components from our 5th Gen Ram. So there could possibly be some overlap of “some” components.

Users who are viewing this thread