5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram srt-10

dgt1031

Reaction score
I really enjoy the ram and owned a viper, srt10 truck, and a TRX. I now live in a condo with a 6’4” clearance, so I am thinking of buying a ram and dropping it slightly to give it that street truck look. I want the look new Shelby super snake, but in a ram.

Question: what is the best way to lower it and still maintain the best ride possible?

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I cant really help you as to which kit would be better bit I do know there's a few companies make kits to lower these trucks. I would love to lower mine but it's my daily driver and I dont think it would be a good idea to have during my new England winter weather months. Hopefully someone will chime in with first hand information and post pictures because these trucks look bad @ss lowered

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Seems the Maxtrac kit is the most popular. If mine wasn't 4x4, it would definitely be lowered. But instead I have a small lift on it and larger tires.

Clv22p

Reaction score
I really enjoy the ram and owned a viper, srt10 truck, and a TRX. I now live in a condo with a 6’4” clearance, so I am thinking of buying a ram and dropping it slightly to give it that street truck look. I want the look new Shelby super snake, but in a ram.

Question: what is the best way to lower it and still maintain the best ride possible?
Need a little more information about your truck. Trim level? 2 or 4wd?

dgt1031

Reaction score
Sold the trx. Ordering a new ram 1500 and have to lower it to get in the garage. Figured I’d make it look cool, so will probably get a 2x4

Clv22p

Reaction score
Sold the trx. Ordering a new ram 1500 and have to lower it to get in the garage. Figured I’d make it look cool, so will probably get a 2x4
I’m doing Belltech Spindles and the same as ferraiolo in the rear. Hopefully all the parts arrive and I can install it before the end of the month.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m doing Belltech Spindles and the same as ferraiolo in the rear. Hopefully all the parts arrive and I can install it before the end of the month.

CLV, remove a hub first to see if it fits in the Beltech spindle. Mine did not. Now I have to wait to see what they are gong to do about it.

Terrible_One

Reaction score
Dig everything but the bed spoiler. Unless it is truly functional it just ruins the truck's lines in my eyes.

Whoever did the rendering gave it a nod to the SRT-10, which came with the same spoiler. They are not functional to my knowledge, just for looks because it was 2005.

Users who are viewing this thread