5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Service vs Toyota service

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
😮 Toyota has service departments? I've been assured by many comments sections that all Toyotas are problem free.

🙃
My wife's brand new car came to her delivered to the hose with a razor cut down the middle of the roof, big enough for me to see as i am taller than her, neither the sale guy delivering it or her saw it, needless to say i did not let her take delivery of the car. i recorded its vin number so they wouldn't give her the same car.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
😮 Toyota has service departments?

Yes but all they do is oil changes. And while you're there they give you a complimentary back massage and blow smoke up your skirt.

I feel this question is missing the point: what do you want to drive? That's the question. If I'm at the dealer I'm already having a bad day so I don't see what difference it makes as far as service. Once my truck is out of warranty they aren't going to see me again anyway, more than likely I'll be at the dealer < 5 times in the life of the truck including recalls, so I buy what I want to drive, I don't buy based on who I'd rather talk to to get it fixed, my own mechanic is where the real realtionship is and he's just a general mechanic who fixes any brand (though I'm particularly happy that he personally owns a 4th gen).

silver billet

Reaction score
That applies mainly to their trucks and truck based SUVs, they are ancient for sure, but seems to be what those customers want. Their new Tundra looks to be very modern however and so is their cars.

It's actually their corporate strategy. They don't take risks, they don't jump onto new technology, and as a result you typically get outdated engines and transmissions etc. Right now the Tundra is simply catching up to the rest, which is great, but there is a very high chance this same truck is selling unmodified in 2035 :). I'm kind of torn, because who doesn't like a strong stable platform? I love that idea, but when it came down to purchasing my truck 2 years ago, I just couldn't drop down to a 6 speed with 12 mpg anymore, the Ram (despite it's unknown stability/reliabality in a new generation) was just too compelling.

I was interested in this latest Tundra refresh until I saw the actual exterior; got a face only its mother could love.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
It's actually their corporate strategy. They don't take risks, they don't jump onto new technology, and as a result you typically get outdated engines and transmissions etc. Right now the Tundra is simply catching up to the rest, which is great, but there is a very high chance this same truck is selling unmodified in 2035 :). I'm kind of torn, because who doesn't like a strong stable platform? I love that idea, but when it came down to purchasing my truck 2 years ago, I just couldn't drop down to a 6 speed with 12 mpg anymore, the Ram (despite it's unknown stability/reliabality in a new generation) was just too compelling.

I was interested in this latest Tundra refresh until I saw the actual exterior; got a face only its mother could love.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think the current Tundra is like a 10 year old F150. Not loving the look of the new one, and no V8 is a no-go for me in regards to a gas truck. Once we go electric we will have no choice, but while still having a choice, I really want and need that sound only a V8 produces.

Considering that the current RAM is still wining full size truck comparison contest, I think we made the right choice. My truck has been completely faultless these last two years (knock on wood).

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Yes but all they do is oil changes. And while you're there they give you a complimentary back massage and blow smoke up your skirt.

I feel this question is missing the point: what do you want to drive? That's the question. If I'm at the dealer I'm already having a bad day so I don't see what difference it makes as far as service. Once my truck is out of warranty they aren't going to see me again anyway, more than likely I'll be at the dealer < 5 times in the life of the truck including recalls, so I buy what I want to drive, I don't buy based on who I'd rather talk to to get it fixed, my own mechanic is where the real relationship is and he's just a general mechanic who fixes any brand (though I'm particularly happy that he personally owns a 4th gen).

You can say that again.... I like how they set the vehicle so that it tells you, you have service. when you really don't need it.

Users who are viewing this thread