5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Service Email

Stealthfxr

Reaction score
Received an email from RAM Services titled "Vehicle Malfunction Indicator Light Alert". See attached photo for details. Neither the RAM dashboard or the truck shows a MIL light. All the info in this email looks legit, VIN, Oil Life, tire pressure, etc... Anyone seen this email with no faults?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-13 185639.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-13 185639.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 34

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes sir. I get the reports every few days - it's generated from the Ram app health report. Most are no issues, but I've had the same triggered alert twice. I've taken my truck into the dealer and of course, they couldn't find anything, no codes thrown.

Stealthfxr

Reaction score
Yes sir. I get the reports every few days - it's generated from the Ram app health report. Most are no issues, but I've had the same triggered alert twice. I've taken my truck into the dealer and of course, they couldn't find anything, no codes thrown.
In this case, the RAM health report is all green (good). Truck only has 800 miles on it.

TonyCA

Reaction score
Yeah, the email is legitimate - I get them too. Occasionally when I open the app the fault does show, so it is an intermittent problem I'm experiencing.

Loudram

Reaction score
I get them to, but never had a CEL on the truck just an alert on the app and an email. If I don't see an actual CEL on the truck and it's running fine, I just ignore it.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
STAR case for concern of erroneous faults from app. I believe it's software in the TBM, not 100% on that.

Attachments

• message.PNG
    message.PNG
    61.5 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread