5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Service availability.

TheGRam

Reaction score
I live near Cleveland OH and find it very difficult to get my truck in for service even if it's something as simple as an oil change without having to schedule it 3-4 weeks out. My wife's Nissan I can just walk in and walk out a couple of hours later. Is this normal for others as well??

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My dealership is Salerno in Summit NJ. If you did not buy the vehicle there they will not take you as a customer unless you have been a previous customer in good standing. I had stopped there in August and September was already fairly filled up. A little less then 3 years ago it was a 2-3 wait for an appointment.

TheGRam

Reaction score
My dealership is Salerno in Summit NJ. If you did not buy the vehicle there they will not take you as a customer unless you have been a previous customer in good standing. I had stopped there in August and September was already fairly filled up. A little less then 3 years ago it was a 2-3 wait for an appointment.
I actually ran into a similar situation back in March when my battery died. Everyone was scheduling out 4 months or more unless you bought the truck from them. Imagine having to jump start your truck whenever you want to use it or disconnect the battery over night after charging it back up. I ended up driving way out to where I bought my truck and even then they messed up the scheduling. I had no issue at all getting my oil changed the first time, but now it's as if I was asking for them to diagnose a short.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kinda the same in my area. When I take my Nissan Pathfinder in for an oil change, I just "walk-in". The nearest one is 1 mile away, and the dealer I bought it from is about 15 miles way. When I bought my Ram two years ago it was pretty much 2-3 weeks scheduled appointment. I tried to walk-in once and was turned away.

6of36

Reaction score
I go to a different dealer than I bought from, and they schedule about 2 weeks out. When I was there last week, a guy came in for an oil change, and they said it would be an hour and a half until they would get him in. I live in an area, that has 7 dealers within 15 miles, so they don't get that backed up as when they are the only dealer within 40 or 50 miles.

Jako

Reaction score
I go to a different dealer than I bought from, and they schedule about 2 weeks out. When I was there last week, a guy came in for an oil change, and they said it would be an hour and a half until they would get him in. I live in an area, that has 7 dealers within 15 miles, so they don't get that backed up as when they are the only dealer within 40 or 50 miles.
I used this site:

I have 19 within 20 miles of my zip code. Can't speak for other than my dealership as per post #2. And I am not particularly impressed with my experiences.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used this site:

I have 19 within 20 miles of my zip code. Can't speak for other than my dealership as per post #2. And I am not particularly impressed with my experiences.
:ROFLMAO: Same here, there's 25 within 20 miles. Didn't know there was that many. The dealer I bought my truck from is 15miles away from me.

I go to the closest one to my house (1 mile away) for convenience. They have a deal for 2 oil changes/tire rotation for $199. The first time I went I didn't know and paid $150 for oil change/tire rotation. No complaints so far since I've only gone there for oil changes, and they also did the tailgate recall while I was getting service.

Last edited:

6of36

Reaction score
I have 13 within 20 miles, and when the page open to whatever the scale is, there are 71. I never looked past the local ones.

Users who are viewing this thread