5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Sells The Most Full Sized Pickups In Q2 2021!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram Sells The Most Full Sized Pickups In Q2 2021!​

Silverado Takes Second, F-Series Gets Bumped To Third...​

1627319871019.png

This past year and a half has been an odd one for the automotive industry. Last year sales took a sharp nosedive at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic but shot up shortly thereafter. The automakers couldn’t catch a break, though, as they have been dealing with a shortage of semiconductors used to produce many electronic components in modern vehicles.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When it says that Ram sold 164,232 units in Q2, does that mean "took sold orders for them", or "produced them from the factory"?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I always cringe when I see this only because my last service appointment was for 5 weeks out due to the backup at the dealer. More sales = longer wait. I can't tell you the last time I saw a new dealership opening.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
Not a surprise that Ford is 3rd, given that the average order has been taking 6-8 months. Must be costing them a fortune.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Word from reputable sources is that Ford has thousands of trucks built and staged in yards around the country. They’re ready and just waiting for chips…

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Word from reputable sources is that Ford has thousands of trucks built and staged in yards around the country. They’re ready and just waiting for chips…

I'm not sure Ram is much better. It wasn't that easy to find new RAM's with blind spot sensors. We looked long and hard. And like the one we bought, most of the ones we found were built pre-shortage. These were mostly Laramies and Limiteds at small dealerships in small towns where they couldn't sell them. And from what I've read, the 2022 models will suffer from the same shortage. At least the first batches will. To address this, Ram seems to have just redefined their option packages not to have the things that take chips they don't have.

SBrentnall

Reaction score
I'm not sure Ram is much better. It wasn't that easy to find new RAM's with blind spot sensors. We looked long and hard. And like the one we bought, most of the ones we found were built pre-shortage. These were mostly Laramies and Limiteds at small dealerships in small towns where they couldn't sell them. And from what I've read, the 2022 models will suffer from the same shortage. At least the first batches will. To address this, Ram seems to have just redefined their option packages not to have the things that take chips they don't have.
I think it just took longer to catch up with RAM because they had a bigger stockpile going into the shortage. I was planning on ordering a Ford, but the lengthy delay was one of the reasons I switched to RAM. Shortly after I ordered, RAM started dropping options from the lower trims, but Ford had to shut down completely, several times.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Well, most of the Ford trucks are sitting on storage lots waiting for parts so this is really an artificial victory and temporary because of the covid created shortages.

mtnrider

Reaction score

Yep, There are plenty of pictures and articles floating around that prove this. Thousands and thousands of trucks just waiting....

Ram may have been a little better prepared or the decesion to sell trucks by removing options they couldn't build surely played a part.

Svt40

Reaction score
I was looking to get a new F150 to replace my 17 year old F150. The dealerships are what turned me away. It was as if none of them had any interest in selling their trucks. I stopped at probably 6-7 different dealers and had only one person come out to talk to me.

So I started looking at Ram and found the exact truck I wanted at the second dealership I went to. Both dealerships were ready to sell and put in the effort to make a sale.

Users who are viewing this thread