5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Releases Teaser For The Upcoming Hellcat-Powered TRX:

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
So, the real question is: Are ya'll interested in actually buying any of these new high performance models?

Personally, I love the Durango, but they'd have to update a lot on the interior for me to consider leaving my Ram. Same reason I picked the Ram over a HC Charger from my last car, platform is too old.

TRX would be my way to go. I've always said it checks all the boxes. But considering how god-awful expensive the trackhawk is, there's no way the TRX will come in below $90k. Not to mention just how terrible mpg and insurance are going to be.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

thetalonguy

Reaction score
So, the real question is: Are ya'll interested in actually buying any of these new high performance models?

Personally, I love the Durango, but they'd have to update a lot on the interior for me to consider leaving my Ram. Same reason I picked the Ram over a HC Charger from my last car, platform is too old.

TRX would be my way to go. I've always said it checks all the boxes. But considering how god-awful expensive the trackhawk is, there's no way the TRX will come in below $90k. Not to mention just how terrible mpg and insurance are going to be.

For me, honestly not really for a Durango SRT HC. Assuming a price point is going to be pretty up there. I’m thrifty, and more of the correct tool for the job guy. I could be swayed to have only two vehicles to myself; a Ram TRX and my Viper.

However, if I can have a used Hellcat Challenger, a lower priced Ram (like my BH) and my Viper, at a similar price point, then I’ll take the 3 tools.

Quick answer, yes, I’d rather have a TRX, than a HC Durango; but price points matter. My gut tells me both TRX and HC Durango are going to be pretty hefty on price points. They discount/rebate on the Durango may be more than the TRX, but I don’t foresee $10’s of thousands to make it worthwhile.

thetalonguy

Reaction score
Sorry to keep on posting non-Ram related, but just found these. I did check for TRX on this site, but didn’t find anything.

2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat Overview

The 2021 Dodge Durango SRT Hellcat is a one model year-only deal. Power comes courtesy of the familiar 6.2-liter supercharged Hellcat V8, now producing a total of 710 hp and 645 lb-ft of torque. Dodge claims the Durango Hellcat is the most powerful SUV of all time, surpassing that of the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk's 707 hp.
Dodge engineers had to perform some engine modifications in order to achieve that little bit of additional power, but the real challenge was making sure this three-row muscle SUV could maintain a proper balance between performance and comfort. Launch Control is standard as is a unique exhaust system and enlarged front grille openings for improved engine cooling.
Dodge claims 0-60 mph will happen in just 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 180 mph. Power goes to all four wheels through an eight-speed automatic transmission. There are seven driving modes to choose from: Auto, Sport, Track, Snow, Tow, Eco and Valet.
The exterior has also been refreshed for the new model year with a styling directly inspired by the Charger Widebody sedan. The interior has also been updated with a restyled center console and a best-in-class 10.1-inch infotainment screen. A flat-bottom steering wheel is also standard. Official pricing has not been announced but interested buyers can begin placing their orders this fall. Deliveries are expected to begin early next year.

Model Year is wrong here, but other signs are pointing to this could be for 2021

2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock Overview

The limited-production Dodge Challenger SRT Demon was essentially a drag racer for the road, but it hasn’t been in production since 2019. For the 2020 model year, Dodge has expanded the Challenger SRT range with the new drag-racing focused Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock. Essentially, this is a spiritual successor to the Dodge Demon.
Billed as the world’s quickest and most powerful muscle car, the Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock is named after the Super Stock drag racing class. It’s powered by the same supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V8 engine as the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye with an increased redline from 6,300 rpm to 6,400 rpm and an increased power output of 807 horsepower and 707 lb-ft of torque on pump gas, which is 10 more hp than the standard SRT Hellcat Redeye. To help it dominate the drag strip, the Super Stock features a new suspension setup and 188inch wheels wrapped in massive 315/40R18 Nitto NT05R drag radials at all four corners.
0-62 mph in the Super Stock takes 3.25 seconds, and it will also do the quarter-mile in 10.5 seconds at 131 mph and reach a top speed of 168 mph the quarter-mile in 9.54 seconds, making it the fastest muscle car currently in production.
Other drag-specific components and tech include launch assist, race cooldown, a real-time dyno graph and g-force heat map, and an ‘SRT Power Chiller.’ Unlike the Demon, which was limited to only 3,000 units, production of the Challenger SRT Super Stock will not be limited, so it will still be available for the 2021 model year. Orders for the 2020 Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock will open this summer before customer deliveries start later this year.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think we forgot the 1320 Angry Bee

Another place got the horsepower to add up.

Shortly we will know

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Wow, that Durango looks pretty great in Destroyer gray, and those headlights are very nicely done. No surprises though. Everything we were expecting.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I was very surprised by the interior. They did a really nice job. Now, we just need pricing.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
My wife has the current gen Durango R/T and it's a great vehicle. I could definitely see us buying a '21 to replace it as it's off lease next Spring. Will probably step up to the SRT this time but Hellcat not likely :D

Edit: now I'm wondering if there will be a standard SRT plus the Hellcat or just the Hellcat above the R/T

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

antwon412

Reaction score
I see they have the Mopar car interior in the Durango. They should have used the dash setup as in the current DT Rams. The 12” would look great there.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
Well, they stepped up to a 10" (from the 8.4"), which is better. Plus they get the new UConnect 5.
Honestly, Ram really isn't utilizing the 12" screen as well as they could. For example, they could be making the backup/360 cam full screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/