5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Rebel TRX Approved for Production

Barney556180

Reaction score
As stated by a recent press release, the Ram Rebel TRX has been approved for production, possibly in time for the 2021 model year. The Rebel TRX will be the highest-performance version of the Ram 1500 family, almost certainly powered by a 575hp version of the 6.2L supercharged Hemi V-8 found under the hood of the Dodge Challenger Hellcat.

James1414d

Reaction score
Hopefully it has better axles then stock. I saw the youtube video of that hellcat swapped ram break a front and rear axle!

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One would hope the YouTube video would make FCA realize they will have to strengthen those axles! Probably other parts as well. The Rebel TRX should be a great truck!

ESSRTEE8

Reaction score
We should be seeing it next summer..............Don't ask how I know.

It's real.

Rebel Randy

Reaction score
One would hope the YouTube video would make FCA realize they will have to strengthen those axles! Probably other parts as well. The Rebel TRX should be a great truck!
Hopefully it has better axles then stock. I saw the youtube video of that hellcat swapped ram break a front and rear axle!

Should be why their test mules were seen with 8 lug rear wheels on the dunes in Michigan.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be the 707hp 6.2?

I think it needed to be tuned down so the 4-wheel drive system, transfer cases, etc., can remain reliable. All that power plus weight would cause reliability concerns. If it was a 2WD truck, Baja style, it probably would have the full 707 hp.

RAMpage

Reaction score
I think it needed to be tuned down so the 4-wheel drive system, transfer cases, etc., can remain reliable. All that power plus weight would cause reliability concerns. If it was a 2WD truck, Baja style, it probably would have the full 707 hp.

Yet the Trackhawk has 707hp and awd so they have the capability. If it’s that de-tuned why not just stick with the NA 6.4 and tune it better.

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This article is a joke... allpar started out with a lame duck article stating this. Ram and FCA officially announced the truck last June (June 1st, 2018)... it even sights it on the official FCA press release and RamTrucks.com.

FCA Press Release...

Ram Truck cemented its position as America’s off-road truck leader with the introduction of the 2016 Ram Rebel TRX concept at the State Fair of Texas. The rapidly beating heart of the Ram Rebel TRX concept is a powertrain juggernaut. A 6.2-liter supercharged HEMI V-8 with 575 horsepower, the most powerful Ram 1500 the Company has ever built, lays the groundwork of expectation. As part of the Company’s recently unveiled five-year plan, the Ram Rebel TRX concept has been approved for production. More information will be disclosed at a future date.

Here is the official 5thGenRams.com announcement in June 2018.

Users who are viewing this thread