5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Rebel Questions

Kramersp

Reaction score
Now I ordered a Limited, but was wondering why a few items were left out on the Rebel options list.

No auto 4X4- Why even leave this out?

No 360 camera- seriously? How awesome is a 360 degree view when you're off roading? This was a bad decision IMO.

No 12" Uconnect- I can see both sides to offer or not with the Rebel demographic. But I wouldve ordered a rebel if it had this and 360.

Cooled seats- c'mon man. Off roading in the desert, camping, ect. It would be nice to have some cooled seats!

I know that the reason Auto 4x4 isn't there is because a separate/traditional 4hi-4lo system is much more robust. Also, all-wheel drive is a far cry from 4 wheel drive lol!

I agree about the 12" screen and 360 cameras. There is nothing worse than making a blind breakover! You'd think something like this would be a no-brainer!

Cant really speak to cooled seats...... Never had 'em, probably never will.

Other than the transfer case, (no clutches) the other options would probably be due to cost. Lower cost might be more appealing to the offroad customer that will probably do more mods than a Limited owner.

Besides, just the oldtimers in their Limited's need the 360 camera... so they don't hit the garbage can at the end of the driveway! :LOL::ROFLMAO: jk!

I can say I definitely would find the 360 camera handy when going off road, I wish I had a front camera a few times with my 16 rebel who knows maybe in a couple years it will be an option later on with a 12inch screen. Anyone know of any aftermarket front cameras that can be run to the 8.4 uconnect?

I can say I definitely would find the 360 camera handy when going off road, I wish I had a front camera a few times with my 16 rebel who knows maybe in a couple years it will be an option later on with a 12inch screen. Anyone know of any aftermarket front cameras that can be run to the 8.4 uconnect?
I have been eyeballing these since my fist uConnect in my 2012 Charger, never bought one.
https://www.coastaletech.com/uconnectairv2.htm

I know that the reason Auto 4x4 isn't there is because a separate/traditional 4hi-4lo system is much more robust. Also, all-wheel drive is a far cry from 4 wheel drive lol!

I agree about the 12" screen and 360 cameras. There is nothing worse than making a blind breakover! You'd think something like this would be a no-brainer!

Cant really speak to cooled seats...... Never had 'em, probably never will.

I have a hard time believing that a transfer case with a auto 4wd is weaker considering a Ford Raptor and the chevy Colorado ZR2 all come with a auto 4wd transfer case.

Maybe in the south where 4wd is only used off road a part time transfer case would be acceptable but in cold climates where road conditions can change extremely quickly with snow and ice a auto 4wd transfer case just offers a added layer of protection.

I really wanted a Rebal but the missing auto 4wd, ventilated seats, no reclining real seats were deal breakers for me and my family.

I have a hard time believing that a transfer case with a auto 4wd is weaker considering a Ford Raptor and the chevy Colorado ZR2 all come with a auto 4wd transfer case.

Maybe in the south where 4wd is only used off road a part time transfer case would be acceptable but in cold climates where road conditions can change extremely quickly with snow and ice a auto 4wd transfer case just offers a added layer of protection.

I really wanted a Rebal but the missing auto 4wd, ventilated seats, no reclining real seats were deal breakers for me and my family.

You are absolutely spot on! The AWD is great for changing road conditions when at speed, and the traditional 4wd is great for off-road. Since the Rebel is marketed as the off-the-shelf "off-road" vehicle, the tradition 4wd system is the drive of choice.

Too bad about the cooled seats. Spoiled, but those are great in S. florida.

No 360 camera is odd for an offroad truck.

That front camera on the Raptor was helpful on slower trails.

Interesting thread. I went and test drove an almost fully loaded Laramie today (great ride) and on the showroom was a sharp looking Rebel. Love the rugged look of the Rebel but all the bells and whistles of the Laramie (ventilated seats, rear reclining/heated seats, pano sunroof, etc.).

In my opinion, It would be pretty difficult to add all the bells and whistles to the rebel aftermarket but thinking it should be much easier to add that rugged look to the Laramie. Any thoughts on how and how much it would cost to add that rugged Rebel look to the Laramie?

Don’t see myself doing a ton of off-roading so I don’t see myself needing the upgraded shocks, skid plates, etc. as I’m going for pure appearance factor while keeping all the interior luxuries.

Rebel Grille, front bumper, wheels, hood and the Matte fender flares should get you that look on a Laramie. You could also start with a Laramie with the 4x4 off road package that would give you the raised ride height. If you went with a Laramie Sport with the sport hood you wouldn't need to buy another hood as the Rebels hood is the same. Other than that just get the back bumper powdercoated the Matte black and you'd be good to go. It most likely would be cheaper and easier than trying to add the extra features to a Rebel.

Rebel Grille, front bumper, wheels, hood and the Matte fender flares should get you that look on a Laramie. You could also start with a Laramie with the 4x4 off road package that would give you the raised ride height. If you went with a Laramie Sport with the sport hood you wouldn't need to buy another hood as the Rebels hood is the same. Other than that just get the back bumper powdercoated the Matte black and you'd be good to go. It most likely would be cheaper and easier than trying to add the extra features to a Rebel.

Agreed. Thanks for the info. Will do a little pricing research.

You are absolutely spot on! The AWD is great for changing road conditions when at speed, and the traditional 4wd is great for off-road. Since the Rebel is marketed as the off-the-shelf "off-road" vehicle, the tradition 4wd system is the drive of choice.
The transfer case in the other Ram's have 4wd auto, 4 high, 2 high & 4 lo. What makes 4 high on the more advanced transfer case different then the basic transfer case in the Rebel.

Wouldn't you need to put 33" tires on it to get the height and look? I think I am just weird about changing the factory engineering with that kind of stuff. Also the seats in the Rebel feel different then the Laramie to me. Personally I was blown away at the interior on the Rebel and the comfort compared to the sport Laramie but that was just me. If all the bells and whistles like vented seats, advanced safety and 12" are a big deal to you the sport Laramie is the way to go with mods. Personally not a big deal to me and with the Rebel I can get the two mirrors and not feel bad about it either! Lol...I guess you can tell I have about narrowed down my order!! That Blue Streak Sport appearance Laramie with the offroad package might change my mind...oh the decisions!! Why the heck do they not have a Blue Streak Rebel for 2019!!! It's making me not know what to get!!

Too bad about the cooled seats. Spoiled, but those are great in S. florida.

No 360 camera is odd for an offroad truck.

That front camera on the Raptor was helpful on slower trails.

This is indeed very odd. The new 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro has 360 cameras now.

I was actually getting ready to purchase the Rebel, but will wait to see if the 2021 Rebels will have it as an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back