5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Rebel oem Muffler replacement issue

BVelzy

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is my first time posting on here and was hoping to get some solid advice on my 2020 ram 1500 Rebel. I purchased a magnaflow muffler part # 19433 direct fit replacement for my truck. I looked underneath and noticed what looks like maybe cement pasted all over the area where the cut would be made to swap out the muffler. Any ideas what it is? It maybe seems like it could have been already cut and maybe sealed back on or something? I've never worked on exhausts before but do believe it's an easy enough job typically to do myself but any advice or tips on how I should approach this one is appreciated. See the pics for reference.

Brian

Attachments

• Muffler Pic(1).jpg
    Muffler Pic(1).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Muffler Pic(2).png
    Muffler Pic(2).png
    963.7 KB · Views: 34

Doc33

Reaction score
I recently installed the same muffler, easy to do. First thing is to grind or chip off the old exhaust cement to see what's under it, possible hole, rust or previous modification.

BVelzy

Reaction score
I recently installed the same muffler, easy to do. First thing is to grind or chip off the old exhaust cement to see what's under it, possible hole, rust or previous modification.
Thank you. I believe the cut that needs to be made is supposed to be next to the weld behind the oem muffler and it almost looks in the pics that it may have been cut much further back. I'm not sure what to do if it was already cut in that spot. Would I need to just take it off from that sake spot and hope the new magnaflow would fit that far out?

Doc33

Reaction score
Clean up the old cement and see what it looks like, that will tell you your next step. Worst case take to muffler shop to have them weld in new section of pipe.

BVelzy

Reaction score
Clean up the old cement and see what it looks like, that will tell you your next step. Worst case take to muffler shop to have them weld in new section of pipe.
Thanks. Will do. Fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread