5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Rebel leveling dilemma

jebcamaro

Reaction score
Yeah, you are right. I wasn't thinking about the difference in the coil wind from stock to Carli. The load characteristics will be different for sure.

I still can't wrap my head around how your setup would be much different than mine, though.

JDHarris

Reaction score
Yeah, you are right. I wasn't thinking about the difference in the coil wind from stock to Carli. The load characteristics will be different for sure.

I still can't wrap my head around how your setup would be much different than mine, though.
It may not be very different. I’m interested to see. I know the MFT tailgate and reinforcements are notably heavier than the normal ones, but I’m not sure by how much. My friend has a TRX with the standard tailgate and every time I close his I feel like Hercules with how light it feels. Post pictures when you’re done!

jebcamaro

Reaction score
If your tailgate is 130#'s heavier than mine, then imagine the squat someone weighing 130#'s would create to my truck sitting on my tailgate. 1/4" at best?

SEANKELLY100

Reaction score
I have an interesting update...

Today, the Carli rear HD springs arrived along with the Method 317 wheels and Bilstein 6112's. UPS man I bet was hating me today having to unload all that:)

The interesting thing I've found out is that the Carli HD spring measures 21-1/2" in static height. From what others have posted on here, the stock 2019 and up Rebel rear spring measures 20-1/2" in static height. Finding this completely contradicts the information Carli sent to me in my email correspondence with them. By that extra inch in length, I will achieve exactly the amount of rear lift I was looking for!

Now I can't wait to get everything installed. That is still going to take a little bit of time, but I'm close...
How did this all turn out for you? I just installed 6112s and have the 5160s sitting in the garage. I've got the carli HD springs on order but I'm not sure if I chose the right option between the HD and the Rebel specific. My setup is very similar to yours.

jebcamaro

Reaction score
I have acquired everything, but have not yet gotten it all installed. A lot going on, so just haven't had the time yet. However, I am getting very close to getting it done.

Does your truck have ramboxes and/or MFT?

SEANKELLY100

Reaction score
I have acquired everything, but have not yet gotten it all installed. A lot going on, so just haven't had the time yet. However, I am getting very close to getting it done.

Does your truck have ramboxes and/or MFT?
I have the ramboxes, with some recovery gear, air compressor, tools, etc. Plus a diamondback cover with the front runner rack system. I have a RTT that I take off and put back on when I'm going to use it so it's not on there always weighing it down.

With the 6112s on clip 8 I went from 37 inches to 39 inches in the front and without the tent the rear was at 39 inches. So I achieved a perfect level. The HD springs are what Carli and CJC offroad recommended when I talked to them, but I'm concerned that they may give me more rear lift than I want. They shipped yesterday, so I'll know sometime late next week when I get the time to install them.

jebcamaro

Reaction score
I have the ramboxes, with some recovery gear, air compressor, tools, etc. Plus a diamondback cover with the front runner rack system. I have a RTT that I take off and put back on when I'm going to use it so it's not on there always weighing it down.

With the 6112s on clip 8 I went from 37 inches to 39 inches in the front and without the tent the rear was at 39 inches. So I achieved a perfect level. The HD springs are what Carli and CJC offroad recommended when I talked to them, but I'm concerned that they may give me more rear lift than I want. They shipped yesterday, so I'll know sometime late next week when I get the time to install them.
At worst, it will put you back to factory rake.

I tow some, so I need that rake. I would just like to reduce the amount of rake the factory provides.

Did you replace your upper control arms?

Reaction score
I did Bilstein 6112 on clip 8 on my 2022 bighorn non org and Bilstein 5100 in the rear. After the 6112 we're installed the front sat about 5/16-7/16 higher then the rear. It looked horrible in my opinion. I ended up adding a 1 inch motofab spacer to the rear and it looks good now and has a tiny bit of rake so I won't look goofy when towing. I looked into all the spring options but chose to do the spacer. Having a rebel your rear springs should be org anyhow so you should sit close to where im at right now if you do clip 8 in the front. I replaced my uppers with the lifted Mopar ones. Not sure if any of this helps you at all but that's what I did.

tabber02

Reaction score
i had the regular Carli springs installed (not a Rebel) but have the Decked drawer system and ram boxes and the truck was squatting so i replaced them with Carli’s HD springs and all is right. sits almost perfectly level.

jebcamaro

Reaction score
I'm anxious to see some pictures from you all!

I'm dragging my feet to get mine done. I have too many projects going on.

jebcamaro

Reaction score
pictures of what? the HD springs got me level, the regular carli springs—i had a squat. hated it.
Umm...well, obviously your truck. However, I specifically stated 'Rebel trucks" as there is a difference. Your's isn't a Rebel. I appreciate you sharing your experiences, though.

jebcamaro

Reaction score
I finally took the time to install everything this past weekend and ran into a big problem.

I started on the front drivers side and completed it. Everything went smooth once I got it all apart. The new shock assembly and upper control arm bolted in as expected.

Once I got to the front passenger side is when I ran into a major problem. The Bilstein 6112 assembly that I purchased has the wrong top mount. It is not compatible with my truck. The part number on it references to a Jaguar.

I purchased these from Suspension Lifts. So far, I haven't gotten an answer from them. My truck is in a state of disassembly and I depend on it as my daily driver. Fortunately, I kept my mother's car when she passed.

Would anyone happen to know what the part number is for the top mount on the Bilstein 6112 strut assembly for the 2019 Ram 1500?

jebcamaro

Reaction score
I've finally was able to get back on my truck and have all the correct parts. I finished the Driver's side up and got onto the passenger side. I cannot break the ball joint loose from the spindle. I've been hammering on the end of the ball joint bolt with my air hammer and no luck. Tried to get a ball joint separator at O'Reillys, but they were out. Autozone's won't work.

What now? I HAVE to get my truck back together!

Attachments

• IMG_1906.jpg
    IMG_1906.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1905.jpg
    IMG_1905.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 21

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've finally was able to get back on my truck and have all the correct parts. I finished the Driver's side up and got onto the passenger side. I cannot break the ball joint loose from the spindle. I've been hammering on the end of the ball joint bolt with my air hammer and no luck. Tried to get a ball joint separator at O'Reillys, but they were out. Autozone's won't work.

What now? I HAVE to get my truck back together!
Try reconnecting the top two bolts to the frame to have the extra weight on the spindle then hammer away.

jebcamaro

Reaction score
Found my ball joint fork attachment for my air hammer. I had to way lay on it, but it popped loose. My truck is finally back together. I'll get the back done this weekend.

Thanks everyone!

jebcamaro

Reaction score
Too bright out to get a clear picture today. Front is done. Rear hasn't been touched. I am going to put the rear shocks on. I may not install the Carli HD springs on the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_1949.jpg
    IMG_1949.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread