5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Rebel Grille Motorized Vent Slats

mustard54

Reaction score
As I am installing the new 20” dual LED bar into my Rebel grille I came across a motor which runs several screens which actuate and close? Can anyone tell me what they are for, how to disable them without screwing up and getting an error code??

cipherbreak

Reaction score
1. Active grille shutters, used to improve aerodynamics and help with fuel efficiency.

2. You can remove some or all of the shutters while leaving the motor and actuators intact.

mustard54

Reaction score
1. Active grille shutters, used to improve aerodynamics and help with fuel efficiency.

2. You can remove some or all of the shutters while leaving the motor and actuators intact.
Thank you! I am going to remove some of the shutters that would block the LED light. Wasn’t sure they had sensor on them and then it would really go nuts.

smiles5619

Reaction score
There are sensors and an engine light code comes up if the wires are severed.

mustard54

Reaction score
Yep. Had a code come up and had to clear it out. Going with removing several of the blades that obstruct the light and leave the rest in place. Guessing that will do it. Not sure how much impact that will have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online